Tʜᴇ Wɪᴛᴄʜ·s Qᴜɪᴄᴋᴇɴɪɴɢ

Estelle couldn't fall asleep

Estelle couldn't fall asleep. It almost felt like something was keeping her awake. With a sigh, she got out of the bed and silently changed, thinking that, perhaps, a walk and a bit of fresh air would help.

Glancing briefly at her brother's sleeping form, she smiled to herself before taking a shawl and tiptoeing outside of the room, careful not to wake their guardian. 

She wrapped the shawl around her shoulders and stepped outside, inhaling the after-rain dewy scent that underlined the fresh, chilly night air. For a brief moment, she thought about going to Arthur, but quickly dismissed the idea since she didn't want to bother him. He was probably sleeping.

Walking through a hallway, she, abruptly, stopped after hearing an all too familiar voice in her mind. Her eyes widened, but before she could do anything, a hand covered her mouth, yanking her into a darker corridor.

She managed to elbow her attacker in the stomach and spun around, ready to give another blow but stopped upon seeing a Druid boy standing there as well. 

"Mordred," she breathed out in surprise. Ignoring the presence of the man, she pulled the boy into her embrace, which he returned with a happy smile before she leaned away, looking around in caution, knowing this was not the best place for a conversation. "Why are you here? It's not safe for you." 

In the meantime, Merlin woke up with a gasp, hearing a voice that resembled Mordred's in his mind.

Startled, he glanced to the side where his sister was supposed to be in her bed but found no one. His eyes widened in fright, and he quickly got up, taking his jacket before hurrying outside. 

Estelle followed the two to Morgana's chambers, though she still wasn't sure what was going on. She went to her friend's bed, shaking with her slightly, and Morgana fluttered her eyes open before she shot upright, startled to see her.

"Estelle? What are you doing here?" The witch glanced to the side, and she followed her gaze. "Mordred!" The King's ward exclaimed in shock, and the boy sent her a small smile before he approached and sat on the bed.  

"I found the boy wandering in the woods," the man, who accompanied Mordred, spoke up, "lost and alone. Hunted by Uther's men." 

Both women gave him a wary look, while the blue-eyed boy looked at Elle, seeing a small change in her expression upon hearing the King's name. "Who are you?" The witch asked finally.

The man shifted his gaze to her. "My name is Alvarr. I, too, have been hunted by Uther since I was a child." 

"You have magic?" Morgana continued, earning a nod in confirmation.