Tʜᴇ Sᴡᴏʀᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴘᴛ.₁

The following month passed quickly, and the relationship between the King of Camelot and his half sister was slowly healing, though there was still a long way ahead of them

But for the most, Arthur focused on his wife. He didn't want for Estelle to be without him for too long. Not that she required his attention all the time, but he sought for her to know that he was with her, no matter what.

He was doing everything in his capability to encourage her every time she was feeling down. Even if she was happy, he'd do the most to maintain it that way.

And this evening wasn't any different. He gave her every ounce of his free time until the point when he had to get ready for the feast. And since Guinevere stood firm on not allowing her to meet anyone in the dress especially made for Elle to wear this night, the Queen was finally set free of her husband's presence.

At least for a moment.

When she arrived in the room where the feast of Beltane was held, Arthur, who stood by the door, greeted her. His jaw almost dropped at the way she looked. He shamelessly slid his eyes up and down her figure multiple times to take everything in.

A long sky blue dress that hugged her body perfectly, long trailing sleeves that reached almost to the ground. It caused her eyes to stand out so much that he couldn't keep himself from staring anywhere else for too long. His mouth opened and closed again and again, but he didn't manage to say anything, which led her to smile nervously.

"I assume I look decent then," she murmured, coming to a halt right next to him.

He blinked a few times, managing to speak eventually, "You look more lovely than lovely is."

She nodded gracefully, accepting his compliment as well as his offered arm and soon they were seated at the table, joining in the conversations and laughter.

Estelle was beyond delighted to see Morgana there as well, chatting with Gwen and enjoying the night as well. She left her partner for a moment to go speak with them, just as the servants brought in the meal.

"Easy now. We don't want anymore holes in that belt." Her attention shot in Merlin's direction just as he peered her way with a broad grin, causing her to smile nervously and promptly excuse herself from the conversation before she hurried towards them.

Leon cracked up at the warlock's comment, but quickly covered it with a cough while almost choking on his drink.

Arthur smiled narrowly at his manservant and gripped his shirt, yanking him lower. "It is a good thing that you don't have to keep secret anything of actual importance, isn't it?" He lightly shoved his scarf, so it would hit him in the face as Merlin held in the urge to roll his eyes, winking at his sister before leaving them again.