Vᴀʟɪᴀɴᴛ

For hours, Estelle watched her brother and the young Pendragon train the sword fight

For hours, Estelle watched her brother and the young Pendragon train the sword fight. She had finished the rest of the chores they were meant to do and now was simply bored as there was nothing else for her to do other than read one book on the etiquette for the upcoming tournament.

From time to time, the young warlock managed to block Arthur's attack, but that was it. And the Prince certainly didn't plan on making it easy for his new manservant.

"Ready?" Arthur asked Merlin, who was putting on a helmet that were meant to protect his head.

"Would it make any difference if I said no?" The servant asked, feeling slightly apprehensive.

Estelle let out a giggle, earning a glance from the Pendragon. She fought off the urge to look away and pinched her lips, causing him to smirk at her as he was very aware of the effect he had on her. And he was enjoying it for sure.

Keeping in mind that her brother was there as well, glaring at the back of his head, Arthur turned around to face him, swinging the sword a few times in the air.

"Not really," he replied, finally moving his eyes away from the witch. He couldn't afford to get distracted too much since it was important for him to win the tournament and prove himself.

"Body, shield, body, shield." 

To the girl's pleasant surprise, her brother managed to block most of the attacks. "Head," Arthur said, suddenly changing the tactics, and struck him on the helmet with the sword.

Elle cringed a bit at the loud sound, and her brother let out a groan, stumbling on his feet.

"Come on, Merlin. You're not even trying," the Pendragon taunted him as he playfully poked his back with the tip of the blade.

"I am." Her brother quickly turned around to face him again. 

"Once more." 

"To the left, right, and left. Head!" The Prince once again hit her brother's head. "Come on, Merlin. I have a tournament to win."

Merlin adjusted his helmet, not finding enjoyment the situation he was in. "Can we stop now, please?"

Instead of answering, the blond went straight to attack. "Shield, body, shield." Merlin tried to parry his attacks, but Arthur again out of nowhere went for his head.

After a few hits, the raven-haired boy fell backwards, and his helmet toppled behind him as his back hit the ground.

"Ouch," he hissed, and Elle instantly ran to his side just as the Prince walked in front of him.