Tʜᴇ Cʀʏsᴛᴀʟ Cᴀᴠᴇ

Another twig snapped under the weight of human feet, the rustling of fallen leaves and grass accompanying the sorcerers and the Crown Prince of Camelot as they ran through the woods

Another twig snapped under the weight of human feet, the rustling of fallen leaves and grass accompanying the sorcerers and the Crown Prince of Camelot as they ran through the woods. The three of them were trying their best to get rid of their pursuers for some time now but had no luck so far.

Their legs hurt already, but they knew better than to stop since the bandits chasing after them wouldn't think twice before ending their lives on the spot. The adrenaline surging through their veins pushed them to their limits, and soon enough, it seemed to prove efficient as they went into a hollow surrounded by rocks.

Arthur peered behind them to see if they managed to escape while the siblings leaned against the rock, panting. "Please, tell me they're gone," the witch spoke in between deep breaths, and a bright smile appeared on the Pendragon's face when he noticed no one in the direction from which they came. "I told you we'd outrun them."

"You sure?" Merlin queried, glancing around as well. "Why is it you never trust me, Merlin?" Not long after Arthur asked, a horde of men rushed at them from another direction, and the witch let out an exasperated huff. "Now you have your answer."

They took off running again, using the rocks to their advantage. The three stopped when their way split in two, and Arthur observed both ways, deciding where to go next. "Come on, this way!" Estelle exchanged an uncertain look with her brother before they followed after the royal. "Where are we going?" The warlock called after him.

"Trust me!"

The group ran up a hill, but the siblings abruptly stopped, feeling strange energy surround them. "Arthur," Merlin exclaimed, making him halt and spun around towards the two.

A frown settled on his face when he noticed his servants didn't plan to move. "What are you doing? Come on!" When the siblings just stared ahead with perplexed expressions, he grabbed their hands and led them down the path.

They stopped again not long after, studying two tall statues of men with swords in their hands. Instead of staying longer, the two hurried after the Pendragon.

"Arthur, what is this place?" Estelle questioned him, observing their surroundings warily.

They walked in between high rocks; the stones covered with moss at some parts, statues hiding under it. The strange feeling following them as they went further down the path. "The Valley of the Fallen Kings."

"Is it cursed?" Merlin asked, and the Prince briefly glanced at him. "No, unless you're superstitious," Arthur replied, leading them further, receiving an unamused look from the witch. "It is," she stated, the energy growing with every step they took.