Tʜᴇ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ Sʜᴀʀᴇʀ ᴘᴛ.₁

The sunlight caressed the blooming meadows, warming them after the chilly night

The sunlight caressed the blooming meadows, warming them after the chilly night. Under the bright light, the colours became more vibrant. The wind that swept through the fields grazed the crops with a light breeze of the fresh morning air.

Merlin got up just as early as any other day to have enough time to prepare everything for Arthur's busy schedule.

When having prepared everything, knowing that the speech needed only some finishing touches, he moved to the window.

His sister was awake long before he appeared, and considering that William was gone, Drea had to taken him already as well, which meant that the only person who was sleeping now was the King himself.

"Up you get!" The warlock called energetically after drawing open the curtains before approaching the bed.

"What for?" Arthur mumbled sleepily, hiding his face in his wife's hair, his eyes closed tightly. He slept as peacefully as ever. Having her in his arms was more than he could ever ask for, and she as well preferred to stay in bed a little longer, finding peace in her husband's arms.

Ever since she had awoken, she felt a little off, but she had already got used to it, understanding it was common in her state.

When he pressed himself closer to her, trying to hide his face entirely, she giggled at his child-like attitude, and he couldn't help but smile a little at the adorable noise.

"A bath," the warlock replied, trying to pull the cover off, though the blond made sure he couldn't as he held it tightly.

"Where's breakfast?" He asked, letting out a displeased sound as Estelle moved away from him and stood up, leaving him alone in the sheets.

The warlock moved towards him. "Say ah."

"Ah?" Arthur almost choked when he shoved a bun with raisins into his mouth. He pulled it out, spitting out what was left in his mouth. "Merlin!"

"I've set aside some practice time."

"Oh, wonderful! What for? Quarterstaff? Battleaxe?" Arthur asked, finally opening his eyes and turning to face him.

"Your speech," Merlin answered briefly.

The blond lazily sat up. "Who to?"

"The guild of harness polishers," the witch replied to him since she helped her brother with some things.

His eyes widened a little at rehearsing the answer. "The guild of who?" He asked, his voice sounding higher-pitched than usual, "I don't know anything about polishing."