Tʜᴇ Eʏᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx

The night fell upon the city of Camelot

The night fell upon the city of Camelot. The streets had gone quiet and appeared empty, as most of the people were already asleep.

From beside her brother, the witch peered through a cracked door inside the great hall at Arthur, who was kneeling in front of the throne, his eyes closed. And even though the siblings were a bit sceptical, his determination was beyond praiseworthy.

"I wonder what is going on in his head right now," the girl mumbled, although she knew the answer and didn't expect a reply. During those last few days, she was trying to support the young Pendragon as much as she could, as this quest obviously meant a lot to him

"Clearly he's thinking," Merlin replied casually, keeping his voice low not to disturb the Prince.

"About?" She queried, despite knowing he had no idea as well.

"You."

Estelle playfully hit him in the back, and he quietly closed the door, trying to suppress a snicker since she was pretty much asking for it. "Do you think crouching on his knees throughout the night is going to help him somehow?"

"Yes. He has to transcend his body so that the quest is revealed to him in a vision." The maid bit her lip with a petite smile, glancing at the door. "Won't he get sick? I mean, the floor must be pretty cold."

"Don't worry, I'll look after him," her brother assured her, earning an uncertain look. "All night?" He looked at her as if that was the most obvious thing in the world. "Elle, this is one of the most important days in a prince's life." She hummed in response, doubting he would endure the entire night just standing there, but didn't try to talk him out of it.

"I'll check on you two later." Merlin nodded and ruffled her hair, chuckling when she slightly glared at him and slapped his hand away. "You make sure to get a good night's rest." After his sister responded with a smile, he placed a goodnight kiss to her hair ere his attention went back to the door while she left to the physician, longing to get at least a bit of sleep.

For a week now, one and the same vision kept replaying whenever she attempted to get some rest.

An old man sitting on a throne in a destroyed place, asking for something, yet his voice seemed too distant to be heard.

But no matter how much she attempted, she couldn't make out what exactly was she was meant to grasp from it. What she knew for sure was that it had to do something with Arthur's quest. Otherwise, for what purpose would it present itself to her now?

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

Early in the morning, Estelle waited for the King and the members of the court to walk past before walking over to help her brother up while he handed her the blanket she placed over him during the night.