Lᴀᴍɪᴀ ᴘᴛ.₁

Estelle sat on the bed, her eyes more trained on her husband, who was now reading through some papers at his desk than on the book in her hands

Estelle sat on the bed, her eyes more trained on her husband, who was now reading through some papers at his desk than on the book in her hands. Not even an hour ago, he had returned from the training session with the knights, and she found it difficult to keep her eyes off him.

 God may judge her, but seeing him in his loose shirt and all sweaty had made her anything but disgusted. And even the fact that she hadn't actually talked to him since their last disagreement didn't stop her from intently gazing at him.

Occasionally a small frown appeared on his features as his eyes roamed the written words, but even he eventually couldn't take it anymore.

"If you keep looking at me that way, I'm not sure I'll be able to do my job."  His gaze met with hers, those striking blue orbs piercing her soul that was calling out for him to hold her.

She was ashamed to realise that she had been caught staring, although that did not force her to look elsewhere. "Would it be such a bad thing?" 

He chuckled and dropped the documents on the desk before he got up and went near her. "Maybe not." As he sat beside her, he took the book from her, putting it aside to make sure that her attention was solely on him. "I'm very keen on finding out."

She bit her lip and glanced away, her heart increasing it's beat. "But it would be very irresponsible on your part to neglect your duties only to find out."

 "I guess it can wait a while," he asserted with a faint smile, his fingers skimming the outline of her face, "Especially when my wife is the one calling for my attention after she has deliberately ignored me for the past few weeks." 

Even she had to recognise how much he tried to make amends to her. He spent all his spare time with her, bringing her flowers whenever he had the chance. When he wasn't able to, he'd have sent servants to deliver the gift to her.

She gasped when his lips slowly pressed to hers, enthralling her with the delicacy of the kiss he initiated. The world around them melted away as she close her eyes in enjoyment. His teeth grazed her bottom lip before he kissed the corner of her mouth.

Too soon, she tilted her face down, breaking apart, forcing him to slightly pull away.

He sighed and cupped her cheek, leaning his forehead on hers. Her gaze went down when he moved his fingers beneath her chin.

Not long after, she smiled pleasantly, not only because of him, but because of the kicks in the lower part of her body.

 "What's with the smile?" He asked, and she took him by the hand, bringing it to her belly. Right away, he was able to feel the movements, causing him to light up as well.