Hɪs Fᴀᴛʜᴇʀ·s Sᴏɴ

My sister told me she watched a video, where a woman said Came-a-lot instead of Camelot. And when the other one told her she was pronouncing it wrong, she asked if King Arthur came a lot... 😂😂 I feel like a child, but I can't stop laughing about it.

(IK, it's a bad joke, ignore it.)

Anyway, enjoy the new chapter!

In addition to the disturbances in the realm, the citadel had been covered by a dark veil

A couple of days ago, Uther had died. The cause, as declared by the court physician, was natural. It was not surprising, given that the health of the former King did not improve with time, more the opposite.

And from the moment he passed, it seemed like everything was falling apart.

Arthur was dealing with his sorrow in his own way, closing himself up and indulging in his duties. He was more on edge than ever before, and even Estelle couldn't tame his wild emotions.

Given to his now multiplied absence, she was under the impression that he was pushing her away. He avoided her almost all the time and often when she tried to speak with him, he left and returned hours after.

It hurt her that he was being this way, when on the contrary, she was the one who had every right to be giving him a cold shoulder. Anyone could have guessed the reason why he was so distant lately.

And the fact that he chose to listen to Agravaine's lies caused her blood to boil.

Now, as the witch sat at the table, her mind clouded with endless questions , she couldn't help but wonder if their relationship will ever be as good as it was. It seemed to be going downhill.

Arthur had left a few days prior to take care of a group of men raiding the villages on the borders of the kingdom. There were only rumours that the one behind it was King Caerleon, but she hoped that if they were proven right, her husband would for once follow his own mind.

No words could even describe how much she wished for him to open his eyes and finally see where their true enemies lied.

Her attention was drawn to the door that opened. A weak smile formed on her lips as Arthur entered the chambers, apparently without a scratch. But her eyes were far from happy.

Determined to ignore the snake that settled outside the doorway, she stood up and walked over to her husband. "It's good to see you back. I take it everything went well?"

The blond glanced at her and smiled softly as he took her hands into his own and allowed his gaze to descend upon her. "Yes," he replied, concealing the dishonesty in his voice.