Tʜᴇ Wɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ Dᴀʏ ᴘᴛ.₁

Sunlight was reaching inside the room through a small space between the curtains

Sunlight was reaching inside the room through a small space between the curtains. The citadel was slowly starting to buzz with life, since almost everyone was already on their feet.

Everyone except for the young couple, though William made sure to wake at least his mother if no one.

Arthur woke up to something warm and soft pushed against his lips. He smiled into the kiss that ended way too soon for his liking as Elle moved away from him.

Mornings like this, waking up to his wife beside him and hearing his son babbling in his crib, were the thing he enjoyed and appreciated the most.

She smiled at him, using her index finger to draw small circles on his bare chest while he slowly opened his eyes. "Good morning and happy birthday."

"Very good morning," the Prince acknowledged before leaning in and stealing another kiss while moving his hand to her hair as he pulled her closer.

After a moment, his second hand started to wander down her back, stopping right above her rear.

Estelle gasped when he pulled her on top of him, causing her to shift her lips away from his, her heart racing inside her chest. "We should get up," she mumbled, realising where he was going with his advances.

"We don't have to just yet," her husband maintained with a grin, causing her to roll her eyes at him, "It's my birthday, remember? We could stay in the bed a little longer than usual."

"But we should," she insisted, and squealed when he rolled them over, so now she was beneath him, her cheeks flushed. This wasn't necessarily how she expected things to go.

"I don't think so. No one can deprive me of spending the morning with my beautiful wife, not even she." With that, he dipped his head lower, his lips connecting to her neck, and she chewed on her bottom lip not to produce any sinful noise, much to his disapproval.

He playfully bit into her tender flesh, lightly enough not to hurt her, but making sure it will leave a mark, causing her to suppress a moan. Gradually, he travelled lower, satisfied that she hadn't put on her clothes yet, which meant she was completely at his mercy, and she was more than happy to surrender.

And though he yearned to take things further, he pulled apart after hearing a delicate mumble, "Mama."

Arthur froze in amazement at hearing his son say the word so clearly for the first time of which Elle took advantage and shoved him aside before quickly standing up. He turned around and sit up, giving her a questioning look. "Always needing all the attention."