Tʜᴇ Dɪsɪʀ ᴘᴛ.₂

Estelle felt a tremendous anxiety, which intensified with each moment that passed

Estelle felt a tremendous anxiety, which intensified with each moment that passed. Arthur wanted to seek the three seers, the Disir, as they were called, but something inside kept demanding her to stop him.

Of course, he personally told her of his choice, even made sure that she had nothing to say against it. Yet, now, after some time of pondering over it, she wished to take it back.

She worried for everyone around her, having a feeling that dark times were upon them. And her priority was to protect not only her family and friends, but the people of Camelot as well.

Her people.

And even though she was thrilled that her prayers were heard, and she was blessed with another child yet again, it upset her that she once again was bound to stay in the citadel through everything.

"Estelle, Merlin informed me you're feeling unwell." She turned from the window at hearing her uncle's voice and smiled softly. Her brother left not even an hour ago as he hurried to get to Arthur, but after she confided in him that she wasn't feeling well, he was quick to make a mental note to tell the physician.

"And I told him that it's nothing but another morning sickness," the Queen replied with an apologetic expression since even she knew that Gaius had patients that urgently called for his attention, and she wasn't one of them, "You're coming here almost every day for no reason. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologise for, child. It is important for me to know if there is anything out of the ordinary that could cause you discomfort." The silver-haired man approached her as she sighed.

"I appreciate your concern, Gaius, truly I do," Estelle responded, her hand instinctively resting on her belly, "But even you must admit that you had other people to attend to."

However, the physician did not respond as he took in her appearance. "How is your sleep?" He asked upon noticing the light circles under her eyes, which caused her to avert her gaze.

"As good as ever," she retorted, trying not to sound annoyed, "Thank you for asking."

Gaius gave her a disapproving look. "Estelle, do you realise that this is no light matter?"

She clenched her jaw and crossed her arms, still; she gave him no response. The topic was something she had thought long since resolved. To her dismay, the door opened at the same time as she reached the exit to the throne room, and her husband strode inside, a frown marring his face.

"Gaius," he acknowledged the physician's presence, "Is she being stubborn again?"

"It shouldn't be surprising to us anymore," Gaius responded to the King, who then shifted his attention to his wife as she quirked an eyebrow at the two men.