Lᴇ Mᴏʀᴛᴇ ᴅ·Aʀᴛʜᴜʀ

For hours now, the witch was sparring with Arthur on the training grounds

For hours now, the witch was sparring with Arthur on the training grounds. Despite having other chores to do, the Pendragon insisted that she had to as well spend some time with him. In that time, the King noticed them, a frown briefly appearing on his face.

Uther had noticed how much time and attention his son gave to his maid. For a while he observed them before deciding to come closer. "If you were a noble man, you'd make a great knight," he spoke up, approaching the girl standing beside his son.

Estelle quickly took a step back and bowed her head. "You're too kind, Your Majesty," the girl replied humbly before straightening up, though she kept her eyes down. If anything, she didn't weel comfortable in the King's presebce.

 "No need to be so modest. I've seen you fight a couple of times, and you handle yourself very well," the older man told her, and the witch nodded stiffly, noticing Arthur, who was smiling proudly.

Estelle rolled her eyes at him. "I have an outstanding teacher," she answered, referring to the Prince, who straightened up his posture.

Uther nodded towards his son, suspicion flashing in his eyes, though he maintained a smile. "I see," he gently patted Estelle on the shoulder and left.

She spun around in shock, watching him walk away before she glanced at the blond in amazement. "Has your father hit his head recently? I would understand if he was angry at you for wasting your time on a servant, but..."

Arthur rolled his eyes, still smiling. "May I remind you, you're talking about your King."

Still a bit perplexed, she frowned. "Then perhaps I hit my head and am hallucinating."

 He chuckled at her and shuffled her hair, earning a glare from her as he took the sword from her. "I think you've had enough for today. Let's go back inside."

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

Estelle kept following Arthur through his chambers, continuously pleading with him to allow her to accompany them on the hunt he was preparing himself for. "Please, I beg you, Arthur." 

He shook his head, putting on his jacket as he didn't even bother to look at her. "My final word is no."

Estelle couldn't help but huff an exasperated sigh, not understanding why was he making such a big deal out of it. "Come on. It's just a hunt. There's no chance I would get hurt or lost. Besides, you know I can defend myself. If you feel obliged to, you should more worry about my brother."

The Prince turned towards her with a decisive expression. It was just a hunt, but still, there was no telling of what could cross their path and he didn't wish for any harm to come to her. "You're staying here, Estelle."