Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Tɪᴍᴇ ᴏғ Dʀᴀɢᴏɴs

It was another peaceful day in the city of Camelot

It was another peaceful day in the city of Camelot. It had been a while since the siblings learned that Gwen had found out about Morgana, which wasn't that surprising. She was with the King's ward every day, so it was about time she noticed something was truly wrong.

And it made Estelle worried about everyone as she grew even more careful in Morgana's presence, which didn't go unnoticed by the Prince, who was quick to discover the cause of her increased guard. Thereon, he spent as much time with her as he could to take her mind off these things.

Now she was sitting with him in his bed, his head resting on her lap as she stroked his hair lovingly. The room was engulfed in comfortable silence for about an hour now, their peaceful breathing barely audible.

But Estelle soon decided to break it, hearing Arthur's stomach rumble. "You should finally go eat your breakfast, silly." He hummed, his eyes closed in content at her gentle touch. He could stay like this all day and wouldn't get bored. "Not now. I know that as soon as I stand up, you will run away."

"You know nothing then," she asserted jokingly, and he opened his eyes to meet her gaze. "Are you calling me dumb? Because I know everything I need to, especially about you."

Her eyebrows shot up at his claim, her fingers brushing away a strand of hair from his forehead, causing him to smile at her. "Really?"

His hand went to the back of her neck as he lifted himself into a sitting position, and their noses brushed together. He watched as her raven locks fell forward, veiling either side of her face while he leaned his forehead against hers. Whilst they gazed into one another's eyes, their joyful smiles only grew. 

"I know that you're the most kind-hearted and loveliest woman I've ever known, and I can't believe you're still waiting for me," he murmured, his warm hand cupping her cheek, making her heave a sigh as her eyes fluttered. A feeling of affection spread in his chest at seeing her rosy cheeks. 

Estelle didn't mind it that much anymore since he always made sure to spend every free moment he had with her. "Some things are worth waiting for," she replied faintly, leaning into his hand while he gazed at her affectionately, his eyes twinkling in the sunlight that entered the room through the windows.

"Am I worth waiting for?" She frowned slightly at the question and offered him a look full of assurance, her hand coming to rest on top of his."You are worth everything, Arthur."

The genuineness in her words was clear, and he knew there was nothing he had to say for her to understand she meant even more to him. She was his world, his escape from all the burdens he bore.

He leaned away and gathered her in his embrace, his strong arms wrapping securely around her, his face beaming with happiness. But his expression fell a bit when a knock sounded from the doorway. "Why it doesn't surprise me," Arthur muttered, rolling his eyes and her lips curled up.