Tʜᴇ Bᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Eɴᴅ

Estelle and Merlin were walking through a hallway when they heard an unfamiliar distressed voice

Estelle and Merlin were walking through a hallway when they heard an unfamiliar distressed voice. It sounded like a child, a little boy. "Help!"

They exchanged a curious look. "Did you hear it?" Merlin asked, and Elle nodded. They looked around, but no one was in sight. 

They went outside when the voice rang in their heads again. "Help me, please."

They looked around but saw no one; at least Merlin didn't see anyone. Estelle noticed a little boy looking their way. She elbowed Merlin, and he looked at her curiously, and she subtly gestured towards the boy, making sure no one saw it.

"Please, you have to help me." The boy looked to the left, where guards appeared, obviously looking for something, or rather someone. Estelle quickly went to the boy, taking him by the hand and making her way back into the castle, ensuring the guards wouldn't see him.

"Why are they after you?" Merlin asked him through his mind, but he didn't answer.

"They're going to kill me."

Merlin and Elle exchanged a worried look and ushered the raven-haired boy inside the castle, making sure no one followed.

"Any idea where do we hide him?" Her brother asked her, and she shrugged before someone's name popped into her mind.

They barged into Morgana's room, quickly shutting the door behind them.

"Merlin, Estelle! Have you forgotten how to knock?" Morgana asked them, startled by their sudden appearance. Her eyes immediately went to the little boy that was hiding behind Elle's skirt.

"I'm sorry, Gana. But the guards are after him, and I can't very well take him to Arthur, can I?"

A knock sounded from the door. "My lady?" A guard asked from outside, and Estelle gave her friend a pleading look.

"In there," Morgana whispered, gesturing towards the screen, and both siblings smiled at her before they went to hide behind it with the boy still by their side. He looked up at Estelle, and she gave him a reassuring smile, trying to make him relax.

"Sorry to disturb you, my Lady." Just as the guard spoke up, the boy fell into the witch's arms, and she quickly kneeled, gently placing his head into her lap. She exchanged a concerned look with Merlin while stroking the boy's hair.

"We're searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way."

"I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and my maid," Morgana informed the guards with a feigned smile, trying her best to sell the lie.