Exᴄᴀʟɪʙᴜʀ

A few weeks passed by, and Estelle was getting fed up by Merlin's attitude towards her

A few weeks passed by, and Estelle was getting fed up by Merlin's attitude towards her. He's been giving her side glances and following her almost everywhere she went.

And that's why she confronted him about his sudden change of behaviour. "It's nothing," Merlin answered with a shrug, but his sister could see that something was going on.

"Oh really? So you were following me around and looking at me like I stole your favourite candy just for fun?" She folded her arms across her chest.

"It's really nothing, I'm sorry if I acted strangely."

Elle tilted her head slightly and sat beside him. "You know, if something bothers you, you can tell me."

Merlin sighed and looked at the wall in front of him. "Do you ever ask yourself if Arthur's going to be a good king?" He asked her, and she smiled.

"Perhaps. He only needs to use his brain a bit more. If he has any, that is." Of cou,rse she believed he would be a great king, but she didn't feel the need to say it out loud.

"Would you ever betray him?" He questioned her, trying to suppress an amused smile, and Estelle looked at him in shock.

"Merl, if there's something wrong, just tell me already. You're scaring me with these questions," she asserted, and he just sighed, shaking his head.

"Merlin, tell me now," the witch demanded, and her brother turned his gaze towards her.

"Just promise you'll never betray Arthur." Estelle watched him with a small frown, contemplating whether he was being serious right now.

"I promise."

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this kingdom and its dominions, according to the statutes, customs and laws laid down by your forebears?"

"I do, sire."

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgments?"

"I do, sire."

"And do you swear allegiance to Camelot, now, and for as long as you shall live?"

"I, Arthur Pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service and to the protection of the kingdom and its peoples."

The King smiled proudly at his son and went to grab a crown. "Now, being of age and heir apparent, from henceforth, you shall be Crown Prince of Camelot."