Tᴏ Kɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ Kɪɴɢ

Estelle and Merlin awoke to a strange pull

Estelle and Merlin awoke to a strange pull. It was like a remarkably powerful magic being used somewhere nearby in Camelot.

They glanced at each other, confused about what was happening. Elle stood up and went to Gaius's, not worrying about changing from her nightgown, with her brother right behind her.

 "Can't sleep?" The physician questioned them, but Estelle shook her head.

"Something woke us," Merlin mumbled, and he looked at them curiously.

"What?" The older man voiced a question, seeing the two were still too sleepy. 

"A feeling. Powerful magic, here in Camelot," the witch answered, taking a sip of water from a nearby cup.

The physician frowned at that. They could only hope that nothing serious was about to happen.

A moment later, the blacksmith's daughter rushed inside, trying to catch her breath while looking frantically between the siblings.

"Gwen, what's wrong?" Merlin asked her, startled to see her this early.

"My father's been arrested," she revealed in a worried voice, and Estelle looked at her in outrage.

"Your father? Arrested? What for?" The girl with raven haired met Guinevere's father many times already. And from what she could tell, he was one of the most kind-hearted people she had ever known. 

"They say he was making weapons for a sorcerer. They're charging him with treason," she answered, looking at them in panic.

The witch rested her hands on her shoulders, trying to comfort her. She knew Gwen loved his father more than anything since he was the only family she had left, and could only imagine how scared she must be.

"It's going to be alright. I'm sure Arthur will talk to his father." Guinevere slowly nodded, hoping her friend was right.

She left the room a while later in order to talk to her father, and Estelle let out a deep breath, exchanging a concerned look with her brother before they followed the dark-skinned girl, having questions as well.

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

"What did he say?" Merlin sought the information once she approached them, and Gwen sighed.

"He said Tauren came to him at the forge, offered to pay a fortune for his help. Not to make weapons, for an experiment or something."