twelve

After Miss Mystic Fall's pageant, I decided to head home. I was trying to avoid Stefan and Klaus.

I feel embarrassed with Stefan. I can't believe I slept with my sister's ex.
I'm just going to put that behind me and pretend it never happened. We were both drunk.

I get home and to my surprise, the door was locked.
See, wasn't so hard to lock a door.
I throw my keys on the table and throw my heels on the floor. I'm tired.

I run upstairs and take off the dress and slip on a pair of shorts and a random t-shirt.
As I'm cleaning my room I hear the doorbell ring.

Hm, who the hell?

I quickly walk downstairs and swing the door open, I see a person that I've been trying to avoid.
Klaus.

I give him a slight smile. "Hey Klaus," I say, "Hello love," he replied giving me one of his sweet smiles.
"What are you doing here? No offense, did you need anything?" I ask looking at him confused on why he's here. "None taken, I just came by to check up on you. I saw you leave rather quickly, way before they even announced Miss Mystic Falls. I just wanted to see if you were alright? You seem somewhat upset."  he says, looking into my eyes. I felt guilty.
I know Klaus and I aren't a thing and probably some ever be a thing.
But part of me feels as if I did something wrong.
I slept with another person.
And no one other than Stefan.

I can't tell anyone. No one can ever know.

I shoot him a small smile. "I'm okay. Just been feeling a little under the weather. I'll be fine, thanks for checking up on me. I appreciate it." I say looking at him.
He smiled. "Would you like to spend the rest of the evening with me love?" He said raising his eyebrows.

Why not. I have literally nothing to do.

"I would love to. Let me go get my things, " I said and closed the door running upstairs quickly to my room and putting on my shoes. I grab my phone and my wallet.
I run back downstairs and see him standing there looking around.
I quickly shut the door and lock it.
"Ready to go love," he says holding out his hand. I smile and take it.
We walk to his car and he opens the door for me to get it.

We drive in comfortable silence.

"So where are you taking me?" I ask looking out the window.
He glances at me, "Well, we can go anywhere you like. Though I would love to show you, New Orleans, " he says smiling.
I've always wanted to go to New Orleans.
"Or I can take you anywhere in the world," he says looking over at me.

That sounds amazing.
Getting away from a small town where I have lived my whole life.
It's pretty boring here.
Filled with supernatural beings.
Maybe getting away wouldn't be so bad.
But that would mean leaving everyone I love behind.
My friends.
I can't leave my friends.

Not now at least.

I guess I had been silent for a while, deep in thought, "are you okay love? You went silent for a bit." he says, I look over quickly.
"Yes, I was just thinking," I reply smiling.
"Well, I hope you consider my offer," he says slightly smiling.

---

Klaus had dropped me off at my house a sin after spending some time with him.

I enter my house and see that no one is home.
Not surprised.

I was about to take my shoes off when my phone started ringing.

Stefan.

Well as much as I don't want to talk to him right now, I can't ignore him forever.

"Hey, Stefan. What's up?" I say, trying to not sound awkward.
"Hey, we need to talk. Can I come over ?" he says, shit.
"Uh yeah. Come over whenever you can" I reply.

"Alright, on my way." then he hangs up.

God I really don't want to talk about this.

I start cleaning up the house a bit to keep my mind off of things.

There's a mess and no one's home most of the time.
Which doesn't sit right with me, like how the hell is there always mess yet no one is even here to make it?

Like yes, we clean. Well, I clean.

I threw in some clothes in to the washing machine.
I heard a know on the door.
Must be Stefan.

"Uh come in!" I yelled while carrying a basket of clothing.
I hear the front door open, I walk back to see Stefan standing there.

"Hey.. Come in. Take a seat. Let me just throw these into the dryer." I said and quickly threw the clothes in.
I came back and saw Stefan sitting on the couch looking down at his hands.

I sigh, well here goes nothing.

I walk to the living room and sit down on the other end of the couch.
Trying to put some space between us.
"So what's up?" I said fixing the pillows on the couch.
He looks up at me and turns his body so he's facing me.

"I wanted to tell you something about Elena." my eyes shot up to look at him.

I look at him worried. "Oh my God. Is she okay?" I ask, worried about my sister.
"She's fine. The only thing is that when she died, she had Damon's blood in her system. Which means that she can be sired to him. We're not sure yet, it doesn't happen often. But it can, we just have to make sure." he replied.
Oh thank God.
I was slightly worried.
Buy the again what the fuck.
Are her feelings for Damon real?

"Oh God. Wait does Damon know?" I ask shifting in my spot to look towards him.
He nods, "yes, but he doesn't know of it's true. Or he's in denial." he continues to tell me about how they're trying to figure it out.
"Ok well, let me know if you need my help. Even though I'm probably useless when it comes to these type of things." I chuckle,

He smiles lightly then we fall into an awkward silence.

I look away trying to avoid eye contact.

He clears his throat breaking the silence, making me look at him.

"So, I also wanted to talk about the other night. I just can't leave things how they are you know," he says.
Fuck.
I don't want this to be brought up.

I clear my throat and shift again in my spot.

I nod my head.
"Yeah." is all I said, looking up at him signaling for him to continue talking.
He looks down and then back up to me, "well first, I dont want things to be weird between us. I love you very much and I don't want this to be the cause of our friendship getting ruined. And I'm sorry if you think that I did this to get back at Elena. I would never do that, I promise you that, also we were drunk. But I still should have behaved myself. I just wanted to say I'm sorry, " he says, looking me in the eyes.

I smile at him, thank God.

"Trust me. I know you would never do that. And also, I should have behaved myself too. Just, please don't tell Elena or anyone." I said looking at him.

He smiles. "This will be our little secret," he says, I smile at him.
"Our little secret," I repeat holding up my pinky.
He rolls his eyes jokingly and wraps his picky around mine.

"Well, I should get going. I'm meeting Damon," he says standing up.
I walk him to the door, before closing it I tell him something.
"Hey, Stefan? I love you too." I said, he smiled.
I hugged him and we said our goodbyes.
I close the door and lock it.

I check the time.

8 o'clock.
I turn off the lights in the house and make my way back upstairs.
I send a quick message to the gc with Jeremy and Elena telling them I'm going to sleep and that key is under the pot outside.

I quickly change into some PJs and lock my bedroom door.

I lay down and go to bed.
---