seventeen

"So that's the plan? You're gonna take her back to school?" Damon asks Stefan, I sat on the couch.
"Well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?" Stefan replies, "I don't know. Got a free meal out of it, " Damon says.
I roll my eyes.
"Im with Damon on this, she shouldn't be going to school," I butt in, " Look, do you think I want to go to school and play chaperone? You can't go because you're not a student. Besides, you've got to go look for Katherine. I mean, Elena needs this cure now more than ever." Stefan says completely ignoring my comment.
I see Care enter in a bathrobe, I furrow my eyebrows.
"Not that anyone asked me, but I think taking her back to school is a great idea, " she says, "no offense Care, but what are you doing here?" I ask her just as Damon asked the same. "Why are you here?"

"Uh, blame it on your fancy water filters. Your house has the only vervain-free showers in town." she replies making me nod.

"Oh, yeah. The mayor put vervain in the water supply. So many people to kill." Damon says.

"So glad I'm not a vampire, " I mutter to myself.

"Yeah, my mom says it's about to get worse, so she could use a little help." Care says, Stefan and Damon look at each other.
"Fine, I'll go after the psychotic doppelgänger. Stefan, you wanna go talk to the Sheriff?" Damon says giving in, Stefan nodding.
"Blondie take her to school, " He says looking at Care.
"Ohh can I come? I really don't wanna g-" I stop as a naked Elena enters the room, "Sounds like fun," she says.
"Elena!" I groan covering my face.
Stefan and Damon look at her while Care awkwardly looks away. "What? It's nothing you guys haven't seen before." Elena says, before wrapping herself in a towel.
"And as for the, uh, "going to school" idea...I've got nothing better to do." She says, I clear my throat sitting up, "Damon I think that sire bond shit could be put to use now, " I whisper, he walks over to her, "Elena, it would make me very happy if you went to school today. And studied hard-- you know, get involved in whatever activies, and please, for me, no matter what, don't eat anyone. Okay?" He says which didn't take her long to agree.
That's weird.
"I'm going with Damon!" I yell walking away making my way towards the bathroom.
--

We were currently in the car on the way to Klaus's mansion. I honestly didn't want to see Klaus at the moment.

But Damon being Damon he dragged me along anyways, technically it was my fault cause I did say I wanted to come along.

"Soo... Klaus? And my brother?" My head snapped towards Damon looking at him with wide eyes. "Oh my-" I start before he cuts me off, "what, it's okay! It's totally normal for you to be se-" I cut him off before he can continue. "Damon, please not another word!" I say rubbing my face.

He smirks, "well little Gilbert. Didn't expect that from you, anyway, we're here, let's go see your 1000-year-old boyfriend." he says opening the door and getting out, I groan and get out. "He is not my boyfriend!" I yell behind him a little too loud.

As we approach the house, Klaus opened the door.
Damon just walks in, not waiting to be invited dragging me in with him. Like literally dragged me in by the arm.

I give Klaus a fake smile then forcefully tug my arm away from Damon's grip. "Ah, what an unpleasant surprise, " Klaus says, looking at me.
"So I just came up with a list," Damon says walking away, causing me to follow him and Klaus.

" It's called "Things You Suck At", " he looks over at him, "Number one: Finding Katherine. Ever. Number two: covering up your secret phone conversations with that little backstabber Hayley. Yeah, so, where is she? What does she know about Katherine?" he says putting the paper down on the table.

"I should help you?" Klaus says, looking at Damon.
"Mhm, " Damon replies nodding, I roll my eyes sighing. "After you lot killed my brother and imprisoned me in the Gilbert living room?" Klaus says, I clear my throat. "Actually, that was all them.. I was trapped there too, " I butt in, making Damon roll his eyes and elbow me.
"You might want to prioritize, Klaus. You have much bigger problems." Damon says getting closer to Klaus.
He just gives him a blank stare, "Katherine has the cure. My guess is she's gonna want to cram it down your throat. You help me find Katherine, I'll get the cure, I'll give it to Elena, everybody wins. Just let me question Hayley about Katherine." Damon says, Klaus smiles walking towards Damon.
" Can't help you, mate. Hayley's off-limits. Although, I did have a run-in with a vampire who may know where Katerina is. Too bad for you, I bit halfway through his bloody neck. He probably won't have much time for chit-chat." Klaus says sitting down ok the sofa.

Why is he protecting Hayley all of a sudden?

---

I have updated in like a week or so, but I'm backkkk.
Anyways there will be two new chapters after this one. :)) -ash