Twenty-one

Klaus and I were still in professor Shane's office. We were looking at a map.
"There've been two massacres. Pastor Young's farm is here, and the old Lockwood cellar, where you spitefully slaughtered 12 of your own hybrids, is here. According to the book, the Expression Triangle is equilateral, putting it here." I say drawing a line on the map.
"Somebody's been skipping their geometry classes. There are actually two places where the third massacre could be." he says making me frown and look at him confused on what I was doing wrong.
He takes the pen and the ruler away from me, "Well, you didn't let me finish." I say watching if make the triangle the correct way.
Just then Stefan enters the room.
"Hey. What's going on? Did you find Bonnie?" I say quickly standing up.
"No, but I talked to her dad. I think I found Silas." Stefan replies.

--

"You know, when we split up you did have the option of going with Stefan." I hear Klaus say as we were walking in the woods trying to look for Bonnie.
I roll my eyes and continue walking, "Yeah? And leave Bonnie's life in your hands? Fat chance. Do you even know how to read a map?" I say looking back at him.
"Yes, and do you know who taught me? My friend Magellan," he says causing me to look at him confused.
"Oh Wow! You had a friend. Was he drawn to your darkness, too?" I say jokingly, "Actually, I was referring to Damon and your sister when I said that, but clearly it struck a chord with you," he says causing my eyes to snap towards him and turn back around, "uh It's because it's not true! There is no allure to darkness." I say continuing to walk, he then stops and turns me around. By the waist may I add, god Klaus why are you doing this NOW.
I need to find my friend, like literally now.

"Really? So you've never felt the attraction that comes when someone who's capable of doing terrible things for some reason cares only about you?" He says holding me close.
"I did, when I thought he was worth it, but it turns out some people can't be fixed. People who do terrible things are just terrible people." I say backing out of his grip.
He just stares at me, "We're here, although judging by the lack of witches, here is not the correct location." He says.

I spot Stefan, "they're there!" I say to Klaus but then stop walking as I see Stefan get thrown. "Oh god!" I gasp running up to him, "Are you okay?" I ask worried, he nods.
"They're linked. Bonnie's gonna kill them." Stefan says, "Not if the witches kill her first." Klaus says slamming Stefan up against a tree.
"Klaus, we need to save her." I tell him, causing him to look over at me, "please."

"How? The only way to stop the witches is to kill them, and then Silas gets what he wants." Klaus says.

"Spirits, take her soul. Free her from darkness." I hear one of the witches say, I look over and she's holding a dagger over Bonnie. I look over at Stefan and Klaus before shining my eyes and running as fast as I could over to the witches.
I use all my strength and stab the witch, "NO!" I hear Klaus shout causing me to turn around, witches started to fall around us.
Oh my god, they were all linked.

I just completed the next massacre.

I drop down beside her and shake her lightly, "Bonnie! Bonnie! Wake up!" I say, her eyes then flutter open. They were white, I gasp "the triangle is complete," she says smiling.

"There. Twelve graves for twelve witches. Like it never happened. Only it did happen, and now Silas has everything he needs to open the gates to hell on earth." He says rolling down his sleeves, causing me to look over at him.
"You were just gonna let Bonnie die." I say looking up at him, "I can't let my sisters best friend die," I add watching him get closer to me.
"I know arithmetic isn't your strong point, but one is still less than twelve." He says, I roll my eyes.
"She's Elena's best friend," I defend getting up, "You tell yourself whatever you need to so you can sleep at night." He says.
Then it hit me, I killed 12 fucking people.
Oh my god.
But it was for a good reason.. right?
They would've done the same for me, right?
I feel the tears start to come, I put my hands on my head and start pacing.
"Oh my god." I say continuing to pace, "I killed 12 fucking people,"
"Hey. Hey. You look like you're in need of comfort. Why don't you find someone less terrible you can relate to?" I hear him say which caused me to look at him confused.
I let him engulf me in a hug, I feel my heart beat calm down.
"Calm down, little one." He says stroking my hair, "lets get you home, we can catchup later." He says making me nod.
"Go on, I'll meet you there," he tells me, I smile at him turning around to leave just to be pulled back around, he looks at me for a few seconds then pulls me closer, grabbing the back of my neck pressing his lips on to mine.
I kiss him back, oh how I missed his touch.

We pull apart and I quickly leave, whenever I was out of his sight I started to run.

I enter Klaus's mansion, I groan what can he possibly want now.
"I got your fifty bajillion messages. This better be life and death."  I shout as walk inside.
"Go away." I hear him say.
"Klaus? Klaus where are you!" I say walking in to see him shirtless on the floor against a piano.
I furrow my eyebrows, "what happened to you? Why do you look like shit yet hot," I say confused walking over to him.
"I need more time! Stop hounding me!" He shouts causing me to flinch and step back.
"I'm hounding you! I'm supposed to be helping Caroline with all of this prom shit and you keep phone stalking me!" I yell back, "Spencer. Is that really you?" Klaus says.
I furrow my eyebrows, "yes it's me.. why wouldn't it be me?" I say confused, "prove it to me," he says struggling to stand up.
I roll my eyes, "Honestly Klaus I don't have time for this. I have to go," I say turning around to leave.
"Wait, please. Silas. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. There's a-- a piece of it stuck inside me." I hear him say causing me to turn around.
"Why would Silas attack you?" I question.
"Well, I was in no position to ask questions. Suffice it to say, I'm hurt. So you can understand why I called you." He says, I walk closer.
"Where exactly..?" I say,
"What do you want me to do?" I ask looking at him, "Well, it's quite simple, really. I need you to cut the stake out of me." He says looking down at the blood pliers on the floor, I sigh and nod.

I was digging in his back trying to find the white oak stake that was piercing his heart.
"Oh my god. You do have a heart!" I joke, causing him to scream as I continue to dig.
"Oops sorry.." I whisper.
"I can't find anything in here. There's literally nothing in here," I say going over to face him, "just keep looking!" He says, I go back to his back and go deeper into his back causing him to scream again and slam the piano.
Geez poor piano.
"Sorry sorry!" I say stopping, "don't take it out on the piano," I joke.
"There's nothing in there, I promise. I don't know what's going on." I say.

"I can feel the splinters moving towards my heart. Help me!" He says in pain looking over at me, "what do you think I've been trying to do all the time?!" I say annoyed.
"At this point I'm starting to believe you're making ALL this up, just to keep me here!" I say getting up to leave, "You know what, I'm leaving!" I say turning to leave but he speeds in front of me.
"Don't turn your back on me!" He yells, causing me to flinch.
"And don't YOU yell at me! Now move!" I yell back, then silence falls.
"It's gone." Klaus says looking surprised.
"What's gone?" I ask looking at him confused.
"The pain. The-the pain is gone. It was-it was never there. He got in my head. Silas......got inside my head. You took my mind off it. You brought me back, Spencer," He says reaching to his back and finally coming to realization.
He grabs my hand, looking into my eyes.
"If Silas can make you, of all people, believe that you're dying...what can he do to the rest of us?" I say shocked.

"I used up all your bleach.." I say walking into the room.
"Uh well, I've got get going," I say and turn around to leave but he grabs my arm, "Hey, thank you for helping me." He says, I smile at him.
"Alright, you're welcome. And now I really have to leave, Caroline won't stop calling me." I pause and look at him, "prom things," I say as he gets closer to me, our faces inches apart.
I pull away before he was able to kiss me.
I clear my throat and send him a small smile, backing away. "Bye," I say turning around and walking away,
"Friends, then?" I hear him say, I turn my head to look at him and nod before walking out.
What a day.