Thirty-two

"How long has she been down?" The doctor says, "what does that mean? Dead?" Damon replies confused.
"I don't know," Elena says. "Maybe- I think it was a minute. It feels like an hour." She adds, worried.
I look over at Liz, tears well up in my eyes. She can't die, not yet.
"Clear!" I hear the doctors say as he shocks Liz.
She was like a mother to my siblings and I after our parents passed. I can't imagine losing another person that meant so much to us again. I can't do this all over again.

The doctors try shocking Liz again, but fail.
I gasp as I look over at her again, her heart beat. It's.. gone.
"No.. no no no," i whisper to myself.
"Hey! I compelled you to save her, unless you want me to gouge your eyes out, I suggest you to keep working here," Damon says going up to the doctors.
"I've done all that I can do, she's gone. I'm sorry." The doctor replies looking over at us.
I felt a tear fall, I grab my sisters hand gripping it tightly.
"Get out of here. Forget you're a total failure." Damon compels the doctor to leave, I couldn't hold in my tears anymore.
"She can't be gone." I whimper out, looking at Elena.

"No, no, no." Elena says, starting the compressions again. "I will not let this happen. Wake up!" She says.
"Elena..." I say wiping the tears out of my face, "hey, she's gone." Damon says going up to her.
"Come on!" She says.
"Elena stop it! She's gone!" I say loudly, tears falling out of my eyes uncontrollably.
I look over and see Caroline, her face falls and she runs over to Liz.
"No, no! Mom, mom! Mom, mommy! No, mom, no. Don't leave me, please. Please, no. Please don't leave me, mom." Caroline says crying, trying to get her mom to wake up.
Looking at her like this is heartbreaking, it makes me remember how I felt whenever they told me my parents had passed.
It feels... awful, I don't even know how to describe the feeling.

I hear Liz's heart monitor starts up meaning she had woken up, I left out a sigh in relief.
She's not gone yet.
"Mom?" Caroline says.
"It's okay baby, I'm right here. I'm right here." Liz says back to her.
I felt a hand gently pull my arm causing me to look up, it was Damon.
He smiled gently at me and motion for me to walk out with him and Elena.
"Where you going?" Damon asks Elena as we walk towards the lobby.
"I need some air or some water or something. 'Cause...she almost died in my arms, Damon. Caroline's mom almost died in my arms." My sister says, then leans in and kisses him.
I clear my throat and walk away, taking a seat on one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs.

After Damon was done talking to Elena he comes over to where I'm sitting and sticks his arm out, motioning for me to link my arm with his.
I look at him confused, but get up and link my arm with his.
"Let's go look for Jo." Damon says smiling.
——-

"Where the hell could they be?" I ask looking around, "You seem to forget that you are half vampire half werewolf and you have super senses. Put them to use lil Gilbert." Damon replies jokingly.
I roll my eyes, "shut up Damon." I say, punching his arm.
"Ow! Now what was that for-" he starts but I cut him off, "no seriously, shut up." I say pointing towards the park, "she's there."

"Good. You're still alive. That's gonna save me a huge blowout with Ric when he gets back." Damon says, I nudge him making him shut up and look at the ground where Kai and Luke were. "I am definitely coming into something late."
"Luke showed up and merged with Kai." Jo says, "Huh. So I guess adding the words 'twin merge' to my vocabulary was pointless, 'cause they ain't twins." Damon says, causing me to glare at him.
"He's not supposed to be here. The only reason he's here is because you let Kai out! Luke. Luke, wake up. Wake up, Luke." Jo says, "well, uh. Let me give him some of my blood." Damon says.

"It wouldn't help. It's up to them now. Whoever wakes up is the winner. And whoever doesn't..."Jo starts but gets cut off by Luke taking a breath and opening his eyes for a sec.
"Can you hear me? Can you hear me?"