Thirty-Seven

I don't know what happened to me. I don't remember waking up. All I can see is darkness, am I dead?
"Spencer?" I hear a very familiar voice call my name.
Elena.
Oh my God. Elena.
I turn my head quickly, "Elena?" I gasp, standing up.
"Oh my God. Are you okay?" I ask her, engulfing her in a tight hug.
"Spencer. You have to wake up. It's not your time yet, open your eyes." Elena says, tears filling her eyes.
"No. I can't. Not yet, I'm not ready to say goodbye. If I wake up. There's nothing left for me there." I cry, she holds onto my face, "yes you do. You have to take care of Jeremy. He needs you. Everyone needs you. I might not be able to come back soon... But you'll be there for me to wake up." she says, smiling as she wipes the tears falling from my eyes.
"Jeremy can't stay by himself, he needs one of us to be there for him." She adds.
"I can't.." I sniffle.
"Yes, you can. And you will, you have a whole life ahead of you. Many lifetimes. Go get married. Have everything you ever wanted in life. Just know I love you so, so much. I want you and Jeremy to be happy. I love you, my dear baby sister." she says tears falling from her face.
"Now, go ahead and wake up. They're anxiously waiting for you. Look," Elena says, motioning for me to look, there they were, everyone standing around Elena and me. Stefan was holding onto my hand.
My body lay motionless on the sofa, Elena's was in a coffin. It hurt to see someone laying in a coffin.
I've had to see so many people die.
"She's not waking up," Stefan says, tear-eyed.
"How long has she been out?" Caroline asks, "she was coming up to Elena and me. It was kai. He staked her, missed her heart. But I tried getting all the splitters out. I-I don't know if she's okay." Damon responds.
Is this happening?
My body started to get gray, veins started appearing. Oh my God. Was I dying?
Am I dying?
"She must still have something in her!" Stefan replies as he watches my body start to change colors.
"No. No." Damon responds panicking.
"Get it out of her." he drops to the floor pushing Stefan aside and starts digging in my chest.
"I can't find it. Please. Bonnie do something." he pleads, Bonnie quickly makes her way towards my body and Damon, I watch her chant as she has her hands over my heart.
"You have to leave. Now!" Elena says, "you're dying!" she says.
"Go! Now!" I try to say something but I'm awoken.
I jolt up, gasping for air.
"No, no-no-no. Elena! I need to go back. I need to see Elena," I say holding onto Damon as he hugs me.
I didn't say it back. I didn't get to say the damn fucking words back.
"I didn't say it back," I say, sobbing into his shoulder, "it's okay. It's okay," he says comforting me.
"What happened to her," I say, glancing over at the coffin where she laid peacefully.
She looked... dead.
"Is she.." I ask him but he cuts me off, "No, no she's okay. I'll explain everything to you later." he says.
I nod,
I felt something change inside me.
Felt different.
As if every single thing I was feeling just went away.
"Spencer? Spencer are you okay?" I hear Stefan as me, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Hm? Why wouldnt I be okay?" I reply dryly.
Stefan looks over at me confused and stunned by my answer.
"I have to go," I add standing up.
"What do you mean to go. Spencer, you live here," Stefan answers.
I roll my eyes. "Not anymore."
I go to walk away, but Stefan stops me by grabbing my arm.
"What's wrong with you?" he asks, examining my face.
I chuckle, "what's wrong with you?" I reply, his face drops.
As if realization hit him.
"No. You didn't," he whisper.
I laugh lightly. "Oh, but I did." I reply, "not intentionally. It's almost as if my body automatically did it on it's own." I giggle widening my eyes, yanking my arm out if his graps.
"Sepencer." Damon says, "please, don't do this." he says coming closer.
"Uh back up. And it's already been done." I grin, "now if you'll excuse me. I have to leave," I walk away leaving the two brothers stunned.
Well this will be fun.