Twenty-two

I was sitting with Damon and Stefan watching them throw a football.
"So how long's it been? Eight, nine days?" Damon says, "Yeah, eight or nine days. I don't know, I lost count." Stefan replies.
"If we lost count of the consecutive days in which Elena Gilbert has not killed anyone, I'd say that's progress, brother." Damon says, I point a finger at him, "yes I agree with Damon on that one, " I say pointing a finger at him.
"So what are we gonna do, just, ah, throw the football around for another 150 years till Elena gets her humanity back? Because I'm cool with that." Stefan replies looking at Damon.
"She doesn't want the cure. She's gonna start killing people if she knows we're still trying to get it for her." Damon says, "what if she tries killing Spencer again?" He adds motioning to me.
Stefan looks over at me, "All right. We could always, ah, make her want it." He says,
"Yeah, how're you gonna make an emotionless vampire want anything?" Damon says.
"Get her to flip her humanity switch," Stefan replies.
"So what are we gonna do? Pull a Lexi and bombard her with emotions till one of them sticks?" Damon says looking over at Stefan.
"Yeah, and if that doesn't work, then we go to Plan "B": lock her up, keep her sidelined until you and I figure out a Plan "C"." Stefan says, I look between the both Salvatore brothers.
"And what happens when she gets slammed with every emotion she's repressed since Jeremy died?" Damon says, the mentioned of Jeremy makes me tense up. I haven't heard anyone mention his name since he died.
"Well, then you, my friend, will be right by her side, ready to help her through it," Stefan says, "Right. 'Cause you don't wanna keep reliving history, and when this is all over you're just gonna get out of her life." Damon replies, Stefan looks down then back up smiling,
"Bingo," Stefan replies,
"Alright. How do you wanna do this?" Damon asks him,
I get up and check my phone, "ah, got to go. Dress shopping." I say making my way out the house.
—-

I was sitting with Bonnie while Care tried on dresses.
"I don't know if I'm going, I don't even have a dress." I say.
"What do you mean you're not going?" I hear Care day and poke her head out from the dressing rooms.
I roll my eyes and smile, "we'll help you look for a dress don't worry," I hear Bonnie say.

I go back on my phone and ignore their conversations,  until they started speaking about Jer.
"What kind of dreams?" Care says, "Usually I'm at his grave and all of a sudden, he appears to me." Bonnie replies making me look at her.
She can see him?
"Well, you never got to say goodbye, Bon. You're grieving, that's normal." Care replies coming out and looking at herself I'm the mirrors.
She looked gorgeous I'm that dress, "When I woke up, the couch was on fire." Bonnie says making me look at her in concern.
"Oh," I say looking at her worried.
"Are you sure you're okay Bonnie?" I ask her grabbing her band.
She shrugged, " I don't know if it's because I was emotional in my dream, or if Shane was right. Without his help, I'll lose control of my magic." She says.
"No, it's because you need a night off from mourning. You both do, and I'm gonna make sure that you have it." Caroline says looking at both of us.
I look at both of them smiling.
"Um, you look super hot, by the way." Bonnie says, I wiggle my eyebrows, "totally, i could kiss you. I don't understand why I like men." I joke, causing them to laugh.
"Care and Spence. Hot, I can see it." Bonnie joked.
"So you think this is good?" She asks, we both nod.
"Oh yeah," Bonnie says making me agree with her.
"Yeah,"

"Matt and I are gonna have the sexiest date there," Bonnie says, I look over at her with eyebrows raised.
"Bonnie, you I can say 100% sexy. Matt, on the other hand..." I start joking but Bonnie laughs and smacks my arm.
"You know what, I love friend-prom. And it's exactly what prom should be-- friends and memories." Caroline says.
I nod, "yep"

"Yes, it sucks that my boyfriend can't be here, but the four of us are gonna have the night of our lives." She says, I smile at her.
"At least you have a boyfriend.." I joked.
The door jingles meaning someone had entered.
I look over and it's Elena and Rebekah.
Great.
Way to ruin a moment.
"Hey, Bonnie. Heard you got your mind wiped-- that sucks. Pretty dress, Caroline." Elena says, then turns to me with a smirk, "hey sis," I ignore her and wave.
" I know. You helped me pick it out months ago when we were friends," Care replies.
" I thought it looked familiar." She says.
"Can you press this for me? I'll pick it up later. Bonnie, Spence?" She says to the employee.
We both follow her out, me avoiding eye contact with Elena.
—-

I couldn't find my dress.
I looked everywhere I could possibly put it. Gone.

I groan in frustration.
"where is that stupid fucking dress!" I yell.
I call Damon.
"What." He answers the phone, "have you seen my prom dress? Cute, reddish pinkish?" I start, "well you're sister is wearing a very reddish pinkish dress. Find you a new one." And he hangs up.
I groan, rude.

—-
KLAUS'S MANSION

"Klaus? Klaus, Kla-" i say his name loudly.
where is he?
"Hello? Did you not hear me?" I say entering a room, there he was.
"Of course I heard you, Spencer. I think the whole of Mystic Falls heard you. I'm in no mood for company." He says, "well that's a first, you always want to see me." I joke smiling quickly knocking the smile off my face when he sent me a glare.
I clear my throat, "anyway, I'm sorry that you're having personal issues, but I have a real crisis on my hands. Elena stole my prom dress!" I say.
He finally turns and faces me, "I hid it in Stefans room because it had more room, and when I went to look for it it was gone. I checked my room, no where. Elena was the only one that KNEW where I put it! And I call Damon and he casually says 'yes she's wearing it, find another.' Like who the actual fuck does that!" I rant annoyed throwing my hands in the air.
He starts laughing.
I furrow my eyebrows, "it's not funny." I say crossing my arms over my chest.
"No, I know. I know." He replies, "Then stop laughing! Look, I know that prom isn't important to you, but it's important to me." I say then shrug, "well it's important to my friends." I add.
"But still,"
"Well, surely finding another dress is well within your substantial vampire capabilities?" Klaus says making me annoyed.
"Oh, but I don't want just another dress. I wanna look hot. Like Princess-Grace-of-Monaco-hot. So...could you please go back into your creepy trophy case of family collectibles and dig me out something of royal caliber?" I say pleading.
He just smiles at me.