Thirty-one

I jolt you gasping, "what the hell?" I say cracking my neck, "oh my god! You're okay!" Jeremy says coming to hug me.
   I furrow my eyebrows, what happened after I got my neck snapped?
"Hey..Damon told us everything." Elena says coming over to sit next to me, giving me a small smile.
"...I'm-we're here for you. On anything," she says hugging me.
"Alright, well I have to leave... like now." She says getting up quickly looking around for something.
"Calculator, calculator. Where is the calculator? Of course. Under the catatonic serial killer." She says going over to where Kai was laying.

"Hey." Damon says, coming in.
"Hey," My sister replies.
I roll my eyes, "Sandwich?"
"I can't. I'm late, for my volunteer shift at the hospital." She replies taking a bite out of the sandwich that Damon's holding out for her.

"Ok.. Ooh, that's new." He says motioning towards her new daylight ring.
"Oh yeah, Jo made me a new daylight ring. You like?" She says holding it out for him.
"Depends does it work?" He asks her then throws me a brown bag.
Ohhh food.
"Thanks." I reply opening it.
"Well I'm here aren't I?" She says.
"Yeah, inside in the shade."
"Don't worry I already pulled her to the window.. it works." I say with a mouth full of food causing Damon to give me a disgusted look.
" I know everyone has their doubts about Jo's magic, but she has an entire month to get stronger and win the merge with Kai, so a little bit of support wouldn't kill anybody." My sister says looking at Damon.
"Speaking of killing people. Still counting sheep or whatever the hell you psychopaths dream of?" He says looking at a sleeping Kai.

"Look, Alaric's gone out of town to get some mystical thingamabob to give Jo an edge, and your job is to baby-sit Kai, not smother him with a pillow." Elena says, "plus, Spencer will be here to keep you company." She adds causing me to choke.
She wants me to stay here with a psycho??
"Fine." Damon replies
"Wait a damn minute, I'm staying here?!" I say looking at her as if she's crazy.
"And if he starts twitching or something, just give him 50 milligrams of pentobarbital." She says ignoring my question.
"And Spencer. You'll be fine," she says walking away.
I roll my eyes and groan.
Of course she's making me stay.
"You're so cute when you're all doctorly. Ohh hey. You forgot this. You're not free tonight by any chance, are you? Because I know this little Italian joint that has eggplant so good you actually think you're eating people." He says making my eyes go wide.
"And I happen to have a weird eggplant obsession." She replies making me gag.
I stand up and walk away going to the bathroom.

What can I do today?

Nothing, I did nothing today.
I wasn't aloud to leave, I had to stay here with a psychotic sleeping killer.
Oh so boring.
    "How the hell do you look so peaceful.. yet, you're the complete opposite from that?" I question out loud looking at a sleeping Kai.
I get up sighing, making my way towards the bathroom.
I quickly use it, as I'm washing my hands I hear a beeping noise. What the hell?
My eyes widen and I realize... Kai.
Did he wake up?
I quietly make my way towards the living room with a bat in hands.
A bat, seriously?
As if that would protect me from a crazy psycho killer witch.
  Im about to swing when I see who it is, "Tyler?" I ask confused on what he was doing here. He realizes I'm still holding the bat up, "whoa, it's just me." He says motioning for me to put it down, "relax."

I roll my eyes and look back at him, "what the hell are you doing?" I ask turning back around, I notice that Kai is unhooked. "I'm afraid I can't let you do that." I say gripping his wrist.
"Get the hell o-" he starts but is cut off by no other than Damon walking in, "Bad timing, Lockwood. I'm in a mood. What the hell are you doing?" He says speeding Tyler out of my grip and on to the wall.
"I had it handled," I mutter, rolling my eyes.
"Shut it, Spencer." Damon says back.
"Now, I'll make it easier on you. I'll give you multiple choice. A, I'm being an idiot. B, i have anger issues and I'm a puny human now and I have to pick on people while they sleep. C,A and B are both correct." Damon says to Tyler.
He finally breaks loose from Damon's grip coughing, I furrow my eyes in concerned.
"Liv's dad is in town," Tyler speaks up. I look over at Damon, "Really?" He replies now looking over at me.