Twenty-three

I arrived to the school dance wearing a the dress Klaus let me use.
So thankful for that.
I spotted Elena and the rest, I'm literally going to kill her.
Stupid bitch had the audacity to steal my dress.
I see her start walking towards me I roll my eyes and glare at her, "So how do I look?" She says smirking.
"Are you kidding me? You look like a back-stabbing bi-" I start buy Stefan approaches us. "The dress is beautiful. You're welcome," I fake smile and push past her causing her to stumble.
"Spencer, come dance with me." Stefan says holding out his hand, I roll my eyes and smile grabbing it.
"I can't stand her. I lover her and all she's my sister but I just want to choke her right now." I tell him annoyed, he looks at me and smiles, "I see you found a dress?" He says.
"It's from Klaus," I say looking up at him.
"Mmh," is all he says causing me to smack his head from the back, "You know you have him wrapped around your little finger, right?" He says.
"As if," I look around, "all we have done is sleep with each other. He's not into me, it's all sex." I say, he looks at me then down.
"Are you into him?" He asks as we continue to dance, which catches me off guard.
"No," i reply quickly, "I don't know, let's not talk about this. Are you making any progress with this dress thief?" I add trying to change the conversation.
"I don't know. I think it's affecting me a lot more than it's affecting her." He replies, making me furrow my eyebrows "what do you mean?" I ask.
"Every time I tell myself that I'm moving on, there's this part of me that just can't seem to shake her." He says, I look at him sadly, I know how much he loves her.
"That's normal, Stefan. You guys were in love, and that doesn't go away just because you declare that you're moving on." He says, I shrug thinking about it, "I don't know, I couldn't tell you. I've never been in love. But I think that someday, you'll meet someone new and you'll fall madly in love, and you'll have moved on without even realizing it." I say looking him in the eyes.
I clear my throat and let him go, "hey uh, I'll be right back." I say and walk away.
I need a drink.

—-

"Hey Care," I say smiling walking up to the blonde. She looks over and smiles, "Hey Spence,"

I was about to speak when Damon appears next to us. "Aren't you on "Save Elena" duty?" I ask him confused on why he's here. " I'm taking a little breather." He replies making us nod, "This prom sucks. This is our last dance together, and it's awful. This is not how I wanted to remember this night." Care says making me look over at her.
I sigh, "I agree," I say, "and we worked hard on this stupid prom." I add groaning.
I see Damon hold out his flask, I smile, quickly snatching out of his hands. "Thanks Damon," I say taking a sip then passing it to Care. "Thank you," after she's done she hands it back, "If anyone asks, I'll be at the after-party." She says, then looks over at me. "Wanna come?" She asks, I nod, "I'll catch up to you in a bit," I say, she nods and makes her way out.

I sigh looking at Damon.
"I'm bored, I need to get drunk. I'm stressed," I whine, "and these stupid heals are annoying the fuck out of me— and this dress, is hurting my boob," I continue.
He looks at me and rolls his eyes, "you'll be fine. You look gorgeous, suck it up buttercup," he says, I see Bonnie approaching us.
"We have a problem," she says, I look at her worried.
"What kind of problem." I say looking at her.
—-

"It's like Jeremy was there. I could talk to him. Feel him," Bonnie says making my heart crush at the mention of my baby brothers name.
"You saw Jer," I say with teary eyes.
"Bonnie that's what Silas does. You can't let him get to you again," Stefan says, "Yeah, because you all crazy and brainwashed is just not a good look." Damon adds.
I roll my eyes, I want to see my brother.

"Look, one of us should take her home." Stefan says, "What? no. She's safer here in public around all these people. There's no way Silas can make everyone see the same thing all at once." Damon replies, making me agree with him.
"Okay, in the meantime, how do we look out for a guy that can appear as anyone?" I ask butting in.

Matt and Bonnie won prom queen and king, as I was applauding and wooing them I saw Stefan and Damon leave.
"Yes Bonnie!" I yell, clapping loud as hell.
Probably annoying the fuck out of others.
I see Elena and Rebekah, this bitch looks like she's up to something.
I look at them, turning away quickly as she looked my way.
I make my way towards where Bonnie was at, I'm a tent, I saw Elena go in there with her.

Before I could step inside, a gust of wind and the microphone started acting up.
"Bonnie!" I say walking in seeing Elena on the floor, "Somethings happening to me," she says as Matt enters. "Ok just relax," Matt tells her making me roll my eyes, "no, I gotta get outta here," she says. I nod my head holding out my hand for her to take, "let's go,"

—-

I'm walking with Bonnie when out of nowhere, I see Jeremy.
My eyes well up with tear and my hand go straight to my mouth. "Oh my god, Jeremy?" I say looking at him, almost running up to him until I remembered. Silas.
"Spencer wait. That's not Jeremy," she says causing me to back up, "let's go," she says

"Bonnie wait," Silas says.
"Get away from me Silas," She says, "We can help each other," Silas replies, "This is what you do. You wait until I lose control and then you want to swoop in and save me," she says, "You really think you have a choice? If you don't let me help you, your Expression will consume you from the inside out." He says, "Get away from me," she says causing the car alarms to go off and the lights to flicker.

"You didn't try to do that, did you? Your magic is taking on a life of its own. You need help controlling it. Listen to me, Bonnie. Breathe." He says, I put my hand on her shoulder, "bonnie let's go," I whisper tugging on her hand lightly.
She turned around and looked at me, I looked at her confused when my vision started getting blurry as if I was bout to pass out. I tried holding on to her but my body fell to the ground unconscious.

———-