Thirty

Klaus dropped me off at the Salvatore house.
Stefan updated me on everything, which meant everyone can cross back to Mystic Falls without dying.
I get off the car and look over at Klaus, "thank you.. for everything." I say smiling, he nods and smiles.
"Anytime, love."
"Oh and, don't forget to visit." He says, I nod and close the door.
I watch him drive away, making me miss him already.
I slowly walk up to the house, not knowing how to say 'Oh hey I'm dead'.
I slowly knock on the door twice, that's when I start noticing my hearing is intensified.
I could hear Damon speaking, "who is it now?"
I hear his footsteps coming closer, the the door swings open.

  "Spencer." He says, wide smile.
I look at him with a smile and then the tears come to my eyes.
I spread my arms out and ingulf him in a hug to which he was confused.
"I have to tell you something important." I say quietly, I could hear everything.
Literally everything.
He pushes me slightly inside and closes the door, motioning for me to follow.
We sit down in the living room, "alright so.. spill," he says pouring himself a drink. I nod clearing my throat, pushing hair behind my ears.
"So.. when I was in New Orleans-" I start to say but he cuts me off, "wait wait, what the hell were you even doing in New Orleans?" He says with a confused expression waving his hand.
I roll my eyes and tell him to shut up, "....I'm getting to that.."
".. I went there.. to figure out a way to bring you and Bonnie back."
"...but, things didn't go how I wanted.. which resulted in me..." I stop trying to figure out how to say that I'm dead.
He looks confused and motioning for me to continue, I clear my throat once again and scratch my head.
"Oh come on spit out Spence."
    "I died!" I say getting frustrated, his eyes look shocked and he places his cup down.
"...what do you mean.. you died." He says standing up, "how are you st-" he cuts himself off realizing.
"Oh." He says, looking away, "how?"

I shrug my shoulders and place my under my thighs, "I guess I got caught up in some mess that wasn't mine." I reply, "..who's?" He asks again.
"I was staying with Klaus for a bit, I didn't think  anything could go wrong."
         "..but you're a vampire."
"A hybrid.. I'm a hybrid," I say, "did he do this to you!" Damon says getting angry, tears start to brim my eyes, I shake my head. "No. No, he didn't, it wasn't him. It was some crazy ancient vampire bitch who's in love with him?" I say chuckling, he looks over at me worriedly.
   "I didn't want to complete the transition.." I whisper, "that's what I came here.. so I could die in peace with the people I love... but I guess things don't always go the way I want." I say fiddling with my sleeve.
     "I didn't want this life.. I wanted to grow old, hell even have kids of my own and get married." I say, wiping my eyes, "guess that won't be happening anytime soon." I laugh lightly.
"Hey kid. You're strong, you'll get through this. You got through triggering your curse, you got this." He says sitting down next to me pulling me into a hug.
I nod, letting the tears fall.
    "You can still get married, adopt kids, and chose to die whenever you're ready." He says stroking my hair.
I let out a sob, covering my mouth because i got embarrassed.
"It's okay.. let it out... let it out." He says comforting me.
I look up, feeling like someone else was here. Watching us.
"Stefan?" I choke out, I look up at him and his eyes are teary.
He heard everything, everything Damon and I talked about.
—————
I walk into the kitchen seeing a shirtless Jeremy standing there, I make gagging noises as I walk past him.
"First of all, ew." I say looking over at him, "second of all, ew."
"-and you finished the coffee, great." I roll my eyes looking over at him, "since when are you back? Didn't you go M.I.A for like a week?" He says ruffling my hair, I shrug my shoulders.
"Oh. Because that's the first thing I wanna see in the morning." I hear Stefan say, motioning towards a shirtless Jeremy.
"Sorry, I forgot you lived here." Jer says walking away , my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.
"How did he just-" I say pointing to my brother, "-forget that you lived here?"