twenty

I was laying down in my bed at the Salvatore house.
I felt weird being here, alone.

I have no idea where Damons at, nor Elena.
They just disappeared.

I sighed getting up and putting on my slippers, I grabbed a soft robe and wrap it around me.
I grab my phone and check the time, 1:00 am.
It's pretty late, but I'm starving.

I make my way downstairs quietly trying not to make any noise.
I walk into the kitchen, what could I possibly eat? Do they even keep REAL food in this house? Like, do vampires keep for in their kitchens?
I swing open the fridge, there's milk. I take it out placing it down and grabbing a bowl and a spoon, I find a cereal box that had left here a while ago. Surprisingly it was still here. Not complaining though, I'm glad they didn't dump it out.

I pull out my phone and lean on the counter eating my cereal.
I was just scrolling through my phone when I hear a noise. I look up, no one was there. Creepy.

I continue to eat my cereal in the dark because was too lazy to turn the light on.
I heard a noise making my head snap up, what the fuck.
Don't tell me their house is haunted.
I ignore it and wash the bowl quickly, I put it back and ran to my room.
I check my phone one last time, no calls or messages from Klaus.
I wonder what he's up to right now.
I miss him, but I know it best for me to let him go.
We can never be together.
—-

I woke up around 8 thirty-ish.
I was listening to Stefan talk on the phone with Damon.
"Hey, what do you mean you took her to New York?" Stefan says, I lean in closer so I could listen.
"And that tone is the reason I didn't pick up the phone the first twenty times you called." Damon replies, I roll my eyes.
"You could've at least picked up mine," I say loudly for him to hear.
"Shut it, Spence," he adds, "Where is she now?" Stefan asks him.
"Out exploring. Maybe she's eating a hot dog...vendor." He says making my eyes widen.
"You're letting her feed!" I say, which I just get ignored.
"So I take it your search for Katherine is off?" Stefan says.
" Relax, man. This little joyride is actually a cure hunt. That vampire that Katherine sent after Hayley was a friend of mine. He lived in the city. Will got vampires fake identities, and I'm sure that Katherine was one of his clients." Damon says.

"And Elena's okay with this little field trip? Just yesterday she was living the vampire high life. She doesn't want the cure." Stefan says, "That's why I didn't tell her." Damon replies, "so you lied to my sister?" I butt in, "yes, I lied to your sister." He says, I can practically hear his eyes roll.
"Damon, if she finds out you're still looking for it, she'll bolt." Stefan says, looking over at me worried.
"I'm aware of that, Stefan. What I'm hoping is that she's gonna be so wasted on booze and blood that she won't even think about it." Damon says.

"Don't underestimate her." Stefan says, "If I can handle you when you flipped your switch, I can handle her. Trust me." Damon replies.
"Listen to me. She's ruthless without her humanity. The cure is the fastest way to get it back." Stefan says, "Just be a good brother and keep Mystic Falls afloat for me and let me do my thing. You've got an immortal named Silas to deal with, remember?" Damon says hanging up.

"Well, at least she gets to see New York, I've never been to New York." I say spinning my phone on the table while my head laid also on the table.

It ended up hitting me on the face making me stop and get up. Embarrassing.

"Okay well, I'm gonna clean this place up. It's a messy," I say sending him a small smile and walking out.
I look at what I was wearing, black sleeping shorts and one of Stefan's T-shirts.
I like to steal my friends clothes.
And I have a habit of not giving them back.

As I'm walking away I hear Stefan clear him throat making me stop in my tracks, "is that my shirt?" He asks confused.
I fake a laugh and turn my head to the side , "uh, yes." I says running out.
—-

I was picking up the trash, fucking Elena.
Cups, cups cups.
I see a cup with liquid in it, I sniff it and drink it, shrugging.
Oh well, can't let it go to waste.
"Desperate times, I take it?" I hear a familiar voice speak behind me making me stop what I was doing, Klaus.
He's here. What is he doing here?

"Uh what are you doing here?" I ask not looking at him.
"Not judging you, for starters, although if you are determined to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary?" I hear him say, I smile but quickly slap it away.

I turn around picking another cup up and drinking it.
The EYE CONTACT.
I almost died.
"Well, then. You showed me." He chuckles.

"Shouldn't you be out chasing Caroline's boo to the ends of the earth?" I say continuing to pick up trash.
"Depends. Do you happen to know where the young Brutus is?" He says, making my eyebrows furrow, "nope, I don't talk to Tyler like that, he's a bit weird." I say honestly.
"But what are you doing here?" I ask again, looking at him confused.
Stefan then enters the room, "Actually, I asked him to be here. We need his help. I think Silas is in Mystic Falls." Stefan says, "oh shit really," i cover my mouth quickly, "I'm so sorry for my language," I quickly apologize.

"So some blood went missing from a few hospitals. What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge in human blood, or were you the exception?" Klaus says looking over at Stefan.
"It's not Elena," I butt in, looking over at Stefan, smiling at him.
"Well, let's say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects me." Klaus says, "Look. Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the Other Side." Stefan says, "How Shakespearian." Klaus jokes.

"But if he destroys the Other Side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on, but in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side." Stefan says, "That means every werewolf, every witch, every vampire. I wonder how many of those you personally killed. Care yet?" I say, "My interest is piqued. How do we stop him?" Klaus says smiling.
"Bonnie said Silas needs to complete three massacres to do this spell. Before Professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the Council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids, and now he only needs one more massacre, so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him." Stefan says.

We were looking in that professor Shane's office, "So what are we even looking for?" I say looking around.
"Well, if Shane really was working with Silas, chances are he was helping him plan his next move." Stefan says, I nod.
"Where, on his evil villain to-do list? 'Steal blood, perform 3 massacres, pick up dry cleaning'?" I say, confused.
"Actually, not to nit-pick, but we evil villains usually use minions to pick up our dry cleaning, that sort of thing." Klaus says making me roll my eyes.
Ok Mr bad Guy.
"Why is he necessary again?" I say jokingly to Stefan.
"Well, we don't know what Silas can do, so if we do have to go head to head with him, an Original hybrid who can't die might come in handy." Stefan relies.
"Besides, Stefan and I work well together, or at least we did in the twenties." Klaus says, I furrow my eyebrows, "well granted, my emotions were off, " Stefan says,
"that's so weird. How you were both alive for so long, can't imagine being alive for that long, I can't barley live now," I say stressed.
"Dont say that love, you're young. You've got so much to live for, " I hear Klaus say, then look over to Stefan.
"And that's why you were more fun, just as Damon is probably relishing in Elena's emotionless company in New York." He says.
"My brother knows what he's doing," Stefan says.
"Does he? Don't underestimate the allure of darkness, Stefan. Even the purest hearts are drawn to it." Klaus says.
I look up from what I was doing, what does he mean by that?
"Still, I'm sure it'll all be fine." Klaus adds.
"I think I found something. 'Symbolic Figures in the Dark Arts.' Didn't Bonnie talk about Expression Triangles? Here." I say, holding up a book.
"In some schools of magic such as Expression, human sacrifice can be used as a focus for power. It is rumored that the addition of two supernatural sacrifices compounds the mystical energy, creating an Expression Triangle." Stefan reads off the page, "Humans-- that was the council fire. Demons-- Klaus' hybrid failure." I say pointing at the symbols.
"Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a failure. What's the third?" Klaus says looking at me.
Realization hit me, Bonnie.
"Oh, no," I say looking over at both of them.
We have to get to Bonnie.