Thirty-Four

I jolt up gasping, holding my neck.
What happened? I look around and see Elena and Damon standing there around me.
"What the hell happened? Where's Jeremy?" I ask standing up from the couch.
"Is Jeremy okay? Oh my god. Liv, she came here. She was trying to kill Kai. Please tell me that she didn't kill him-" Elena cuts me off, "he's fine. We're all fine. Bonnie's gonna be okay." She says smiling at me.
I was relieved that Liv hadn't killed Kai. Who knows what would've happened to my brother... or Bonnie.
-
I walk into the grill where I was meeting Jeremy at, "Hey sis." Jeremy says looking over as I walked in, I see Alaric and Matt there.
"Hey guys," I wave sitting down next to my brother, "so, where's Elena and Damon? Shouldn't they be here by now?" I ask, looking over at Alaric.
"Yeah. They'll be here any minute now," just as he finished his sentence, they both walked in.
"Oh, look who graduated!" Damon says handing Jeremy his diploma.
"He was ok with it?" Jeremy asks surprised.
"Sure. I mean, practically flunking, missed 100 days of school, and you can barely spell the word cat," Damon says, causing me to smack him in the stomach, "but sure. He was fine with you graduating early." He adds.
"We helped the process along. I'm gonna get a drink," My sister says walking away, I stare at her weirdly. I look over at Jeremy giving him a questioning look.
"Is she ok?" Jeremy and I ask at the same time.
"She will be, we all will. Somehow, we'll all find a way to move on without you, Jeremy." Damon says. "Please, you make it sound like he's dying," I say, disturbed. Which he completely ignores me and continues to talk.
"Oh, hey, just did. Oh, look under the cap. I jacked a little going-away present from Ric's girlfriend's stash." Damon says, as my brother pulls out a joint, I look over at Damon, "seriously? I want one too," I whisper.
"Put it away, you idiot. Tell your sister, I'll kill you... again."
     "Here.. don't tell Elena." Damon says, holding out an extra joint for me to take, I snicker and grab it. Alaric clears his throat causing me to look up at him, his eyebrows are raised, "Oh, please Ric. It's not like I'm 15, I'll be 21 in a few months." I say putting it away.
He smiles and shakes his head.

Later, Jeremy and I were outside the school smoking. Jeremy and I were really close, but after our parents died... we drifted apart. Which led me to become closer with my sister.
"Haven't done this since... you were 15. Oh god, I was such a bad influence letting you smoke at 15? What the hell was I thinking." I say passing him the joint.
He laughs, "Well, I wasn't the best influence either, look at us now. Just like old times." He says, passing it to me, "Yeah, I know. But that's not the thing.. I was older than you! I was 17 smoking with my 15 year old brother." I chuckle.
"You know I'm a vampire, right, a big sister with nearly perfect senses who can sneak up on you without making a sound. Really sucks for you." I hear Elena say, i put a hand over my chest.
"Oh. My. God, Elena? If I wasn't dead already, I can assure you I would've had a heart attack." I say, she smiles and holds out her hand.
"Give it." I look at her weirdly, "Damon gave it to me, and technically, it's from Ric's girlfriend's stash." Jeremy says.
"Well, Damon is an idiot, and Alaric conveniently disappeared. So I can only yell at you." Elena says then turns to look at me, "..and you. Considering you're the oldest." I roll my eyes.
"Sorry sis. He's not a baby anymore."
   "Ric left. He was worried someone might recognize him when he's supposed to be dead." Jeremy says.
"I had forgotten about that. Weird," I say, leaning back.
"Our lives are weird." Elena adds.
"That's the understatement of the century," Jeremy says, we were silent for a bit until Elena spoke up, "Give me the lighter," my head shoots towards her.
"What?" Jeremy and I ask at the same time.
Elena wasn't the type to smoke, so this came as a surprise.
"Really?" Jeremy asks, she nods, "Yes. I just decided that me smoking a joint with my little brother and sister might be the most normal thing that we've done together in years." She says sitting in between Jeremy and I.
"Let me have your car," Jeremy says to Elena, "no way in hell." She replies.
"Oh, come on. I'm moving to a new town, starting a new life. I need a car." He says, "And it has to be mine?" Elena asks him, "Well, Spencer can't give me hers. She doesn't even know where it's at," he says motioning towards me, "Just compel yourself a new one."
"Oh, God, how many cars you think we've destroyed? Like, more than the average family, right?" Elena says looking over at me.
"Mom and dads station wagon, that's one." Jeremy says, "That SUV on my birthday," Elena says,
"That beautiful camero I crashed and triggered my curse. That's three," I add.
"Katherine wrapped my car round a light post. That's four," Jeremy says.
"Shit. That's a lot," I say looking up at the sky, realizing.
"They didn't really give us any fries, did they?" Elena says, I roll my eyes. "Yeah they did, you and Spencer just happened to eat them all." Jeremy says laughing.
I throw a fry at him, which he just returned.
Elenas phone starts ringing, she just stares at her phone. "Oh god. We're busted," she says.
"Dude just click ignore." Jeremy says, causing me to laugh.
"Dude I am." She says laughing, "...it's official, I'm the worlds worst sister."
I roll my eyes and slap the back of her head, "don't be stupid." Jeremy says, looking over at her.
"I am. Mom and dad died, and what did I do? I let you be Jenna's problem because I couldn't deal. I shut you out." She says then looks over at me, "both of you."
"I shut everybody out." I give her a small smile, going in for a hug.
"But I never thought that made you a bad sister. If anything, it was nice to have someone to go through it with. When you got better, that's when I felt the most alone. That wasn't your fault. You were healing. I wasn't, and so wasn't Spencer." Jeremy says.
Elenas phone starts to ring again, she roll her eyes and answers, "what Damon? I'm bonding with my siblings." She says.
I listen in on their conversation, which I know I shouldn't but I just can't seem to mind my own business. Plus, supernatural hearing and all you know.
He wanted her to stop by the sheriff office, something to do with my parents deaths.
I feel my heart sink just thinking about them, about how they aren't here anymore.
"Alright. I think I should get going," I say standing up, "yeah me too," Elena says.
I look over at my brother and open my arms for a hug. "I'll see ya later,"
As I'm walking away, Jeremy calls out, "Hey! Are you sure you should be waking alone? You aren't sober." He says, I roll my eyes and brush him off, "I'll be fine Jer, I can defend myself if I need to." I smile and continue to walk away.
-
"I'm hungry. Do you guys not like.. shop for actual food?" I ask, slouching.
I see Elena on the phone, wonder what happened.
"Everything ok?" I ask propping my feet up on the couch.
"Call me if there's any more updates." She says hanging up, she looks over at me but then Jer walks in. "What happened? Is sheriff ok?" He asks us, "Ah, you weren't supposed to hear that. Damon said that she's getting worse." Elena says causing me to fully sit up from my spot.
"What?" I ask, worried.
" I can't leave now, no way, not with the sheriff sick and Enzo on a rampage. It's not the right time." Jeremy says, I look over at my sister then back at Jeremy.
"It's not safe for you here Jer." I say quietly, watching as the door opens revealing Alaric.
"No kidding, because the right time was a couple of years ago. Enzo could have killed you today, and the other day, Liv threw you across a room, and let's not forget the time that you actually died." Elena says looking at him.
"She's right. They're both right, it's time to get the hell out of here." Alaric says,
    "You deserve a normal life, Jer. You deserve the life of a kid whose only baggage is that he lost his parents." She says, looking over at me, "Come on. Let's get you to the airport." She says looking back at Jeremy. I smile and get up, this is a good thing. He needs to get the hell away from Mystic Falls.
He shouldn't live a life like this.
"Actually, why don't you let me take him? You should go be with Liz." Alaric says looking over at my sister and I.
"Are you sure?" I ask Alaric, he smiled and nods.
"I'll call both of you when I get to the airport and when I land," Jeremy says, I give him a small smile, I go in for a hug to which he returns.
"...And in a couple days, expect an SUV-sized package from me." Elena says, looking over at Jeremy.
"Wait, hang on. You're giving me your car?" He says surprised that she actually agreed on it.
"Just don't crash it. Ok?" She replies, I pull away from the hug, but Jeremy ended up pulling me back into the hug with Elena.
I'm gonna miss my brother.
I feel like I just got him back and.... I won't be seeing him for a long time.

Elena and I go to the hospital, Liz was dying.
She was actually dying now.
I couldn't believe it, it was all so surreal. I can't believe I would be loosing other people I cared about anytime soon.
This sounds so... I don't even know how to explain it.
Damon comes back out and looks at us, that look on his face told me everything.
She was gone.
She wasn't here with us anymore, she was actually gone.
I let out a sob, this can't be happening. Everything felt as if it was in slow motion.
"No." I mutter to myself, getting up and walking away.
Damon and Elena tried stopping me but I couldn't, I couldn't be here right now.
"It's okay. Let her go," I hear Damon say to Elena. Stopping her from following me.
I sat outside on the side walk, thinking about it. She was dead.
Caroline's mom was actually gone.
Someone I least expected to die... died.
She didn't die due to supernatural causes, which somehow makes it better in a way?
I make my way back inside, I look at Caroline.
I engulf her in a hug, she starts sobbing.
"It's gonna be ok." I whispered.
"It's gonna be ok."