TWENTY FOUR

Irene seat herself infront of me. "So," she hesitated at first. Then she speak, "I heard Jisung is crushing on you."

"Really?" I plastered my shocking look, dropping my jaw. "Well get ready, he's going to confess anytime," she chuckled.

My acting worked, surprisingly. I have to lie in order to not put Jisung and myself in trouble. I'm sure there is some rules about dating in this company.

"Y/n! Someone is calling for you," Joy waved her hands infront of my face. I blinked my eyes a few times before facing at Lay who is standing infront of me.

"I need to talk to you," he stood infront of the door. I glanced at Irene and Joy before following him outside.

"Did Jisung confess to you?" He asked. "Were you eavesdropping?" I asked him back.

"Answer my question first," his tone is serious this time. "No, he haven't," I replied with a serious tone as well.

"You're lying, tell me the truth," he demanded. "If you knew, why did you ask?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What happened?" Renjun approached out of nowhere along with some of the boys behind him. "Nothing," he played it cool. "I have to get going now, goodbye," he waved goodbye without sparing a glance at me then left our sight.

Renjun cleared his throat before speaking, "Sadly, I'm in the project so I couldn't see you in days or weeks."

"Anyone else in the project?" I questioned. "Chenle, Mark and Jeno," he responded shortly.

"Good luck," I pat his shoulder. "Stay safe, Y/n," he held my hand.

"I have to go now. Jaemin, Jisung and Haechan are probably free," he informed. Before Renjun could take a step away, Haechan approached from afar. He spread his arms into the air, "Finally, after the quite hectic rehearsal."

"Please come back to the room, Renjun," the staff requested. "I really have to go now, bye~" Renjun flashed a smile before leaving with the staff.