THIRTY SEVEN

Realizing that I still have time, I finish my sandwich before heading to class. Despite on knowing I might be late, I seat myself on one of the empty tables in the cafeteria. It is very quiet and only some people are left. Luckily, none of them care about my presence.

I stayed for fifteen minutes or so, then rush towards class. No one was in the cafeteria anymore, so I am late for sure.

I grab the door handle and push it open, revealing some people sitting on the floor. I sighe din relief, before Suhyee stood up from her spot, "Where have you been?"

"I spent some time in the cafeteria earlier because I wasn't finished yet," I blurted out. Suhyee furrowed her eyebrows for a second then the instructor came bursting the door open. Everyone stand up on their feets from the ground as the lesson starts.

-

The hallways are empty at first, Suhyee and I were the few first trainees to came out from class. She sighed heavily before informing, "There will be an evaluation tomorrow. For those who didn't make or doesn't have any improvements it will be kick out."

"Isn't tomorrow Sunday?" I pouted as I lower my head, facing the ground. "It is, but it'll be held in the morning and there will be a break for the rest of the day," she explained.

"I hope we will do well," I supposed. Surprisingly, trainees starts coming out from their classes. Some of them brush their shoulders or their arms purposely towards me, causing me to stumble. However, I was unlucky that Suhyee vanished elsewhere. Or perhaps she left me.

I glance around then I was pulled backwards. I fell on my butt as some girls starts surrounding me. I lift myself up to my elbow, but was pushed against the floor mercilessly by one of their foot on my chest. Before I could seize her foot and smack her down, they start kicking me and throw me some insulting words.

The crowd starts leaving and no one even rushed to help me. I wasn't hoping for any help anyway.

Once again, I gather all my strength and clutch onto one of their foot. I swift it upwards causing her to fall backwards. I managed to stand up and push everyone out of my way. She eventually scoff then push me back onto the ground.

Everyone starts walking away except Jia. She glare at me then spat, "Don't talk to me."