Chapter 36

I planned on leaving when he was asleep, but apparently I fell asleep too. I was still in the same position as last night, Draco on my chest, his arms round my waist.

Oh no. I thought. How could I fall asleep.

I felt sweat on my forehead. Probably because of the nightmare I had. I always have them, the screams of people I hurt still haunt me. Suprisingly, I didn't wake Draco.

I tried to free myself from his embrace and escape before he wakes up, but it was too late.

He shifted and began to rub his face and sit up, as I panicked.

,,Morning" he said and froze right after. He turned around and looked at me, trying to process the situation.

,,It's not what it looks like." I whispered.

,,Why are you here?" He asked somewhat aggressive.

,,You begged for me to stay. I wanted to leave last night."

,,There's no way I begged."

,,You did!"

,,Get out." He said coldly.

,,What?"

,,Get out."

,,Oh, that's the favor I see. I helped you come back to your dorm as you were drunk, changed your clothes, comforted you and that's what I get? Get out." I mimicked him.

,,I was drunk, ok? I didn't know what I was doing."

,,No! You can't just push me away like that." I said and he looked at me.

,,Why don't you understand?! Why don't you get it?!" He stood up and walked towards me aggressively. ,,You can't stay with me. Don't ask, you just can't."

I knew exactly, what he was talking about. As he said last night, he wants to protect me, yet doesn't know I'm already in deep shit. If he would just tell me, we could stick together and come somehow out of this. But he won't and I'm sure 'bout that. At least not on his own.

,,No! You don't understand me. I can stay with you. You mustn't act all protective, Draco."

,,Oh please, why would I want to protect you?" He huffed and I knew he was totally lying.

,,Why can't you just once tell the truth, Draco? Once tell me the truth?"

He looked at me questioning and probably thinking wether I know. But he shook his head and looked outta the window.

,,Truth" he huffed. ,,Yeah, you're calling me a liar now, huh?"

,,I never said that!" I groaned.

He just kept looking out. ,,You hurt people, you know that, right?" And that's when I burst out.

The nightmares, the screams of innocent people, the sleepless nights, the darkness I'm in, Voldemort and so much more. Everything flowed into my mind.

,,I KNOW THAT I HURT PEOPLE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMIND ME!" I yelled out of sudden and panick. He turned his head and looked at me confused.

,,Is there something you don't tell me?"

,,Well, is there something you don't tell me, Draco?"

,,What do you mean?"

,,Oh please." I huffed. ,,Don't act like you don't know." He still kept quiet. ,,I've had enough." I said and pulled my sleeve up. He gasped. ,,See. And I know you have one too. So mr. Protective, there's nothing you must protect me of."

,,Wha- how-"

,,The day I was in the Manor." I whispered quietly.

,,And why didn't you tell me?" He asked more aggressive.

,,Oh, I'm deeply sorry to care about you. I didn't want to add worries is all."

He rubbed his face aggressively and frustrated.

,,I don't need someone, who cares about me. You may leave."

,,Excuse me?"

He just looked out of the window again.

,,You always act all tough, Draco! But I know, I know that you're not." He turned his head even more, trying to hide his glassy eyes. ,,I know there's a sweet, loving Draco. I just know it. There's a Draco, nobody knows about. Everyone is afraid or disgusted of you, I'm not. Why won't you understand, that you mean a lot to me. I can't without you. You're the last person I have, Draco. Yet you run away and leave me in my own darkness. You're the light the darkness stole from me, Draco."

He kept looking out, not saying a single word.

,,But alright, if you don't want me." I walked towards the door with my glassy eyes. ,,I'll leave." I looked at him and he still looked out. I turned the door knob and opened the door. I walked out, but came to a halt as strong arms wrapped around my waist. I turned around and Draco buried his head in the crook of my neck.

He cried and sobbed. ,,I'm so sorry, (y/n). You don't know how much I need you. I- I just want you to be safe. You don't know how many sleepless nights I have thinking about you. Don't even dare you to think about leaving me. Please don't." He cried and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I stroke his hair gently as he kept on crying. I felt his tears flow down my neck and had the urge to cry too.

,,I won't" I whispered and we stood there, hugging each other, whilst crying, because we're afraid of leaving each other in our own darkness.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Hope you enjoyed!

<3