Chapter 42

Tw: little blood scene, harm

This summer the Weasleys had offered me to stay over the summer, again. Fortunately, I hadn't had to communicate with Voldemort, nor any death eaters. Yet I was scared why he hadn't looked for me yet.

Draco didn't write me any letters, which I can completely understand, since he basically lives in the Manor, where the death eaters have constant meetings.

Now I was packing out my stuff with Ruby. We were in our dorm and I was eager to meet Draco after what felt like forever.

The day passed by quickly, but no sign of Draco.

I asked his friends, but nobody knew where he was.

The next day was the exact same. He was no where to be seen. At night I decided.

,,Ruby" I called her as she lay in her bed, reading a book. It was already dark outside and curfew.

,,Do you think it would be alright if I go to the Malfoy Manor?"

,,When?" She asked casually.

,,Now."

Her head shot up and she shut the book.

,,What? Have you gone insane?" She whisper-yelled. ,,That's so risky, (y/n)."

,,I know, I know, but worth it. I can't sleep. I have to know if he's alright. I don't know if something happened or if he's doing well. I wanna go."

She sighed. ,,I'm not sure, (y/n)." She tilted her head.

,,But Ruby, I have to." My voice cracked and she noticed.

,,Alright, but please be careful."

,,I will" I smiled and stood up.

Still in my pajamas, I put on some shoes and walked out quietly. After going through different and dangerous alleys, I finally arrived.

I stood there in front of the huge Malfoy Manor, regreting my decision a tiny bit.

I took one deep breath and walked closer to the door. I knew nobody except him would be in the Manor at this time, so I just stepped in.

And as I did so, I couldn't move anymore. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped to the ground. I saw a man, holding Draco by the back of his neck. Draco was shutting his eyes close in fear, trying to get out of his hold.

,,Let him go!" I shouted out of habit and regreted it immediately. The man's head turned to me and he had a huge grin on his face.

He let go of Draco, which caused Draco to fall to the ground. Draco looked somewhat up and nodded his head no, signing I'm in deep shit.

I stepped backwards and my hand tried to find the doorknob behind my back. The man came closer. My back bumped into the door and I had no where to go.

Draco was coughing, trying to catch his breath.

The man stopped in front of me. He raised his wand as my breath got heavier and placed it on my neck. He drew a line from my neck to my jaw to my chin and yanked my head upwards.

,,Do you have an idea who I am, (y/n)?" He looked somewhat familiar, but I didn't know why. He chuckled deeply and turned his head towards Draco, who was still on the ground.

,,Do you wanna know who I am?" He asked me again, his stare scaring me more and more as it changed its colour.

,,I- uh- no." I admitted and tried to look fearless.

,,No?" He chuckled. ,,Oh c'mon, you're ruining the fun." He grinned and I gulped.

,,(y/n)" Draco called me from the ground. I turned my head and wanted to walk to him, but the man took my head and pushed it harshly into the door, causing me to wince in pain.