Chapter 17

I didn't know what to say. Should I tell him the truth? Or should I lie and pretend as if nothing happened. Ugh, It's hard to decide.

,,Are you okay?"

,,Y- um, yes. Yes I am." I lied.

,,Then why are you crying?" He asked concerned.

,,I don't know, um..." I decided to lie. I don't want to hurt Cedric either. I don't want to pull anyone into my problems anymore.

,,I just- I just read a sad book you know." I was bad at lying, but good enough for Cedric to believe me.

,,Oh ok, then c'mon, let me bring you to your dorm."

We reached the painted portrait and I turned the last time back to Cedric to say thank you, before I muttered the password and walked into the common room. I wanted to go to my dorm, but I felt a slight grip on my shoulder. I jumped scared back to face the person and a girl smiled at me.

,,Hello" she said.

,,Um, hello" I looked at her confused. I've never seen or noticed her before. What does she want? ,,Can I help you?" I asked her and she just pulled me to the couch by my sleeve.

,,I just witnessed what happened to you." I looked at her confused, still not knowing who she is and what she's up to.

,,Anyways, um... I wanted to ask you are you ok? Did he hurt you?"

,,Um no, thanks. I don't want to be rude, but who are you?"

,,Oh... I'm sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Greenstone, Millie Greenstone. I'm in the same year as you."

,,Oh, why did I never notice you?"

,,I don't know." She shrugged.

,,Um, I am-"

,,(y/n) (y/l/n), I know" she interrupted me.

,,How did you-"

,,Oh please, you are famous."

,,Wha-" I could never finish my sentence. She always interrupted me.

,,Like, you are the interesting talk at Hogwarts. You are befriended with the golden trio, you have Draco Malfoy's attention and you are Cedric Diggory's girlfriend." She had put an extra pressure on the names.

Oh- I've never really seen myself that way. She was right, I had a lot of drama in my life, just because of these people, but how I already said... just because of these people. I think that if I hadn't been in any interaction with any of those people, not a single student would've known me.

,,Ok, but now about you." I tried to change the subject. I don't like to be the centre of attention. ,,Tell me something about you."

,,Um, alright. I'm a pureblood. I'm friends with Daphne, Millicent, Pansy..." she listed other names, while I looked at her for a second as she said Pansy. Like, she is befriended with Parkinson? Maybe she is like her. I mean-

,,Hello?" She waved her hand in front of my face, ,,Are you listening to me?"

,,Um, yes" I looked back at her.

,,Ok, where was I? uh um, my parents are close with the Malfoy family and I'm in Slytherin, but you know that. Otherwise I wouldn't sit here, right?" She began to laugh.

I pretented to find it funny, too and smiled, ,,mhm." Broken humour, not to be mean, but erm, girl no.

She told me everything. Like, literally everything. I listened to her halfway, but what caught my attention was as she asked me about Malfoy. She didn't ask normal questions, no, she asked me if we were a thing or worse, she wanted me to tell her every single word he had said to me. Really odd if you ask me.