Chapter 40

In the morning, both of us went to our own dorms on time, without letting anyone know we slept in the common room.

I went to breakfast with Ruby and ate a little, before going to the plant house, where I saw Neville.

,,Oh hey, Neville. Long time no see." I greeted him as I walked in.

,,Hey, (y/n)." He responded as he planted a flower.

I made my way to a watering can and began to water.

After a short silence, Neville interrupted it and asked me where my Necklace was. The one Cedric gave me.

,,Oh that" I looked down to see nothing.

(Flashback:)

I entered my dorm quietly, not trying to wake Ruby up. I didn't even make the effort to put my pajamas on. I'll have to stand up in about two hours anyway.

I lay down and began to think.

I'd never felt love before. It was always a feeling everyone knew, but me. Harry's parents were dead, yet he had his friends and everyone else. I hadn't gotten to know my parents either, but I hadn't had anyone like he did. I had Cedric. I assumed I loved him. But how can you assume to love someone?

I never thought I would end up with Draco. There was always a feeling I didn't understand when I was around him. But it didn't even make sense. He was a git towards me all the time.

Turns out he was the one I love. The one I needed all the time. The one, who was the filling piece of the hole in my heart.

The last times I spent with Draco were not like all the others. We didn't argue, we trusted each other.

Draco once told me that he had never felt real love either, except from the love his caring mother Narcissa had for him.

He told me I was everything he had and that he would never ever want to leave me. If he did, he would never forgive himself.

Maybe we loved each other since the beginning. Maybe we just weren't aware, since we were two oblivious people, who didn't know what actual love is.

Both of us hadn't felt it before, yet fed each other with it. Strange, but what else would love be. How else would love work?

Then I decided.

It's not fair towards him if I keep wearing the necklace Cedric gave me, even though me and Draco are together.

I got out of my bed quietly and walked out of the dorm room. I looked around not to get caught by Filch and made my way towards the black lake.

I stood there. The sun wasn't out yet, so I watched the twilight. The beautiful purple-ish colours in the sky above me, a cool breeze hitting my face, I walked closer to the edge.

I stopped just before the water.

,,Once again, thank you for everything, Cedric." I whispered to myself.

I unclasped the necklace, took it off and looked at it. The yellow heart necklace with the little 'c' in it.

I held it and closed my fist.

,,Thank you" I whispered and threw it into the distance, into the middle of the black lake.

I held my arms to warm myself and looked  at the breathtaking view.

Then I turned out, and went back to my dorm.

(End of flashback:)

,,I just don't wear it anymore." I responded and Neville nodded understandingly.