Chapter 43

A few months had passed now and it was mid December. Since Dumbledore died, professor Snape became the headmaster.

I felt bad, awful. Being on the evil side wasn't what I wanted. But I had no choice.

What shocked me the most was seeing my father alive.

After the day I asked Draco what happened before I came, but he refused to tell me. He said I would be too worried. The only thing he told me was, that my father's a death eater too.

,,(y/n), I have to go back tonight." Draco whispered into my ear as we were sitting in the great hall.

,,What?" I asked rather shocked.

,,I have to. I received a letter from my father. He said I have to come. I honestly don't wanna know what happens if I don't." He pulled away and looked at me, raising his eyebrow.

,,But-but-" I just couldn't find the words. How can he go back after that what happened. ,,But last time we were there-"

,,I know." He interrupted me. He looked at the floor and he had a worried look on his face. He probably just got flashbacks of that day.

,,I'll come with you." I said.

,,What? No, (y/n). I can't risk tha-"

,,Draco! I will come."

,,What if he's there." He whispered worried.

,,I don't care. I'll come."

He looked at me, stood up and motioned to follow him. We went out of the great hall without anyone noticing and he pulled me into an empty hallway. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight hug.

I burried my face into his chest and he hugged me tighter. He hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my head. He pulled away and grabbed my face.

,,I won't let anything happen. Promise."

He held my hand and led me to the Manor. We arrived and I gulped heavily. We made our way towards the door and he opened it. Fortunately, nobody was there.

,,They'll probably arrive soon." He told me and we went into his room.

I looked around and admired his huge bedroom. I saw a book placed on his bed.

,,You read?" I asked as he walked out of his bathroom.

,,Yeah. To escape the reality, you know."

,,We have that in common." I smiled.

He came behind me and his hand sneaked to my waist. He kissed my temple and placed his head on my shoulder.

,,Draco!" A voice called from downstairs and both of us looked at each other, scared.

,,My mother." He whispered. I ran to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I leaned my ear against the door and tried to listen.

I heard the door to his bedroom open.

,,Draco my dear, they wait for you downstairs." Narcissa said softly and Draco said nothing. Soon, I heard the door close. To be sure enough, I waited a few minutes and finally came out.

Nobody was there. I was alone in Draco's huge room. I walked around a little bit and sat on his bed afterwards.

I looked at the ceiling, bored. I shifted a few times, cause something under my back felt uncomfortable. I sat up and looked under the sheets, only to see a journal.

I looked at it for a few seconds and decided to put it back, but I just couldn't. It's his privacy, I thought and finally put it away.

I heard voices downstairs and decided I would check on it real quick.