Chapter 9 - Task one, triwizard tournament

Reminder:

(Y/n)=your name
(Y/n)= your last name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was november 24th, that means the first task of the Triwizard tournament was today.

I wished Cedric luck before we seperated our ways.

I sat in the audience next to some Slytherin girls and was worried about what would happen. I didn't have any clue what the first task was. I couldn't wait any longer.

Then Cedric came out and I felt my heart clench for some reason.

He had the Swedish Short- Snout. The dragon came closer to Cedric and my heart almost dropped. Cedric used a Transfiguration spell to transform a rock into a dog to distract the dragon. He was almost successful, cause the dragon took this lure and Cedric came closer to the egg.

Halfway through, the dragon turned his attention back but Cedric took the golden egg and passed the task.

I was so happy, that nothing bad happened.

I didn't pay much attention as Viktor, Harry and Fleur were doing the task.

Now, everyone left the audience and so did I. I hadn't seen Cedric anywhere, so I went back to Hogwarts. As I reached the Slytherin common room, I sprang onto the couch.

,,Hey what's up?" Blaise sat on the couch next to me.

I smiled and said nothing. I was exhausted because I was so worried in the tournament.

,,Hello?" Blaise waved with his hand in front of my face and interrupted my daydreaming.

,,Oh, um sorry. I'm just exhausted is all." I responded.

Three minutes later, Parkinson joined us and sat next to Blaise.

,,Blaise what are you doing here with her." She looked at me disgusted.

,,Pansy, don't be rude." He said, looking to Parkinson and she became quiet.

Blaise and Parkinson started talking with each other and I was lost in my thoughts.

I didn't even notice, that Crabbe and Goyle sat next to me, until Crabbe asked me if I would want to eat chocolate frogs. I responed with no and kept looking at the fire place.

,,What are y'all doing here?" Malfoy came through the door.

,,Sitting." Crabbe answered.

,,Thanks Crabbe, didn't know." He was always so rude.

Now, I wanted to leave and stand up since Malfoy is there.

,,Why are y'all keeping her company." He looked at me disgusted.

,,I wanted to leave anyway." I said and as I passed by, I bumped my shoulder against his. And heard him whispering
,,Pathetic"

I walked to the great hall for dinner and sat at the Slytherin table. As I looked around, I saw Hermione waving to me. I stood up and went to the Gryffindor table.

,,Hello (y/n)." Hermione greeted me.

,,Hello" I said and looked over to Ron and Harry.

Hermione stared at them and they looked to her in confusion.

,,What is it?" Harry asked confused.

,,Don't you want to tell her something, Harry?" Hermione said. Now I was as confused as them. What would Harry want to tell me?

,,Oh- uh, u-hm yes. Could we talk in private?" He asked and and I nodded confused.

He stood up and walked out of the great hall. He walked to an empty hallway and I followed him. As he stopped walking, he turned himself to face me.

,,So, I'm sure you are confused right now." He said and I nodded slightly.

,,Um, how should I start...um. (y/n) I- uh- I like you." He paused.

,,Harry I like you, too" I said still confused.

,,No, no. I mean m-more than friends, you know." He looked me in the eyes.

,,Oh... um, Harry I don't want to hurt you, but I don't feel the same."

It was the truth. I didn't have any feelings for him but I felt bad at the same time, cause I think I hurt him.

,,I- I understand." He said embarrassed.

,,Friends?"

,,Frien-" we both heard a voice and looked to a corner, where the voice came from.

,,Someone listened." Harry said, still looking at the spot.

,,Don't worry. I think it was Filch or some ghost."

Then we went back to the great hall.

After dinner, I went to the Hufflepuff common room to see if Cedric is there.

I saw Hannah in front of the portrait and followed her inside.

,,Hannah, did you see Cedric?"

,,Um, he must be in his dorm room. Wait here." She said and walked upstairs to knock on his door.

I stood in the empty common room and admired the beauty of it, until I heard footsteps.

,,He's coming." Hannah said and disappeared in her dorm room.

,,Hey (y/n)." Cedric came downstairs.

Before he went down the last step, I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

,,Congratulations." I mumbled against his shoulder. He parted from the hug and we went down to the couch.

,,Did you watch me?" He asked smiling and knowing the answer.

,,Of course I did! You had to see me. I was worried about you. My heart almost dropped out of my chest as I saw the dragon!..." I told him about all my feelings I had had in that moment.

,,So you were worried?" he grinned

,,Yeah, why? Is it suprising you?"

,,No, no... just-"

,,Just what?"

,,Um, I wanted to ask you something." He paused and looked at his feet. He seemed nervous.

,,Yeah? What is it?"

,,(y/n) um... do you, uh... do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I was shocked. Did he really ask me? What is going on with them? First Harry, now Cedric.

But Cedric was different. I haven't felt something really really special towards him yet, but he made me happy. He was caring. He was actually perfect.

,,Yes" I responded and he lifted me in the air.

,,I love you, (y/n)." He said, catching me off guard.

,,Yeah" I responded.

I couldn't say the same words, cause I was scared to use them. I didn't really know how love feels like, but it's like this... I guess.

We chatted again till midnight almost everyday. Now, the next biggest event to happen was the Yule ball. I was looking forward to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~