Chapter 15

Spring was coming slowly, which means the snow is melting and the sun shining.

Today was a saturday. I got dressed and made my way to the library.

I walked to the shelves and looked for a romance novel. As I found an interesting one, I sat at a table, which was across a window with a beautiful view. You could see green leaves and creamcoloured flowers. I opened my book and began to read.

The sun... it was shining on my face as I stepped out of the train. People running around. Some of them hugging their families and the others taking the baggages. I walked down the old london streets with a novel in my one hand and my baggage in the other one. A gentle brize blowed against my skin and my hair was flying behind my face. I reached the place I wanted to go... home. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. No answer... I knocked again... and again... and again... and again... I think 20 minutes passed and still no answer. I walked to our neighbour's house to ask them where my family was. I saw them sitting in their own little garden behind the house and went there.

,,Hello Mrs. Langston, how are you?"

,,Oh, darling... you are back!" She hopped out of her seat, put her tea on her little desk and hugged me.

,,Um- do you know where my parents are?"

She looked over to the boy I didn't notice till yet and gave him a worried look. She looked back to me and didn't answer.

,,Wh- what is it? They are just at the market, right?" I looked at them confused and trying to hold the positive vibe. The young boy looked at his feet and so did Mrs. Langston.

,,What? Why are you- what?" I was confused but I knew this wasn't good. I felt a knot in my stomach and tears coming.

,,I- We are sorry, dear. Your parents died a week ago."
And that was the moment, where I totally collapsed. My face was pale and my skin got cold. The boy held me before I could faint, but it was too late.

I felt water on my face.
,,Wake up, wake up." Mrs. Langston said with a soft voice, while throwing water at my face. I opened my eyes and saw her looking down at me.
,,Ohh, I'm so glad you woke up" she sat down and sighed.
,,Now take a break and tell me if you need something." She closed the door.

I sat up and looked around... I was in a well decorated room. Plants everywhere and beautiful stuff laying on the night table. I put my head back onto my pillow and fell asleep.

One day as I woke up, I could recognize the sunset shining through my window.

I got out of my room for the first time after weeks and entered the balcony. I sat down and admired the beautuful english view.

,,Hello" a voice said. I got scared for a second, but came down as I recognized, that it was the young english boy. I guess he is 17 years old...like me.

,,um, hello" I muttered and turned myself back to the view.

,,Um, see... I'm sorry about your parents, but don't worry much about that." He said while taking a seat next to me. Both of us faced the view and there was a little awkward silence before he kept talking.

,,Please don't lose your happiness. There will be thousands of beautiful human, that will enter your life and you will be able to love again and grow out of this phase. Sunshine comes to all who feels rain. You're maybe upset about everything right now, but think positive and don't show anyone how much broken you are, even if you've lost everything you had. No one has to see your weak side. Some people could use it against you."