Chapter 18

I walked down the hallway and professor Snape stopped me.

,,Come with me, miss (y/l/n)." He said and I did as told. I followed him and he stopped in front of professor Mcgonagall's classroom.

,,Wha-" before I could ask anything, he opened the door. I walked in and saw some other people standing in front of professor Mcgonagall's desk. I recognized, that one of them was Hermione and walked towards her.

,,Hermione, what is going o-"

,,Quiet." Professor Mcgonagall interrupted me. ,,I'm really sorry." She put out her wand.

,,Um for what exactly prof-" Before I could finish my sentence, my vision blurred and everything went dark.

----

I gasped for air, like I hadn't breathed for a quite long time. I felt arms wrapped around my waist, but not gently at all. Before I could think any further, I realized, that I was in the lake. I looked to my side and saw, that Cedric was the one, who was carrying me.

,,C-Cedric" I said confused, but he couldn't hear me because of the loud cheers in the back.

I looked around and saw a bunch of people clapping and looking at us. I must be a part of the second task, I thought

Cedric lifted me by my waist so the others could take me out of the water and came out right behind me, too.

I rubbed my arms to keep myself warm, but I was still cold. I was shaking and the next thing I felt was someone wrapping a warm towel around my back.

At first I thought it was Cedric who was actually behind me, but I saw him on the other side, people hugging him. His hair was wet and he had a wide smile on his face, but it didn't look like he cared where I was or how I was doing. Someone pulled me down to sit.

,,What are you doing?"

,,Nothing. Snape just told me to give you this towel and take you here."

,,And why would Snape care?" I raised a brow not believing the blonde-haired boy's excuse.

,,How am I supposed to know? Go ask him yourself." He avoided the eye contact, while I looked him straight in the eye.

,,(y/n), are you alright?" Cedric ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

,,Um, yes."

,,I'm sorry, I couldn't come over and take care of you, 'cause some people just dragged me to the crowd to celebrate my 'success'."

,,Um, yeah. Don't worry everything's fine."

I wasn't really sure, what I felt. He was walking all the way behind me without making sure, that I was alright and then people dragged him. But for now I was too exhausted to argue. I just blanked out those thoughts and told myself not to worry.

Behind Cedric, I saw Malfoy clenching his jaw. Was he angry? I couldn't tell. He kept looking at the floor and clenching his fist either.

,,M- Malfoy, t-t-thank y-you" I stuttered. I could still feel the coldness from the lake.

,,As I said, I was forced to help you." He stood up and left. I just ignored his attitude and focused myself on Cedric.

,,How did you get me out?" I asked curiously.

,,The Bubble-head Charm."

,,Oh ok." I said and he took my hand so I could get up.

,,Cedric, go, I will come later." I said and he nodded. I turned on my heel and walked towards professor Snape, who was just watching the other champions pass the task.