Chapter 19

,,(y/n)"

I turned around and saw Neville.

,,I saw you, um-"

,,No. It's not what it looks like. I wouldn't cheat on Cedric!" I almost shouted. But it looks like he would on me...

,,Oh ok." He looked down at his feet.

,,I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you like that." I gave him a warm smile.

,,How many Gryffindor friends do you have?" Millie leaned her head down to my side and whispered. I nudged her side with my ellbow jokingly.

--

Almost a week passed by and I tried to avoid Cedric as much as possible, because I know, that I would break down in tears by just remembering the scene. What were we now? Is he really cheating on me? These and more questions didn't stop coming into my mind.

I sat at the table with Harry, Ron and Hermione. I always tried to think about something else, but it always ends up by thinking about Cedric. I thought, that I could maybe distract myself from the drama in my life right now by worrying about the drama the golden trio had. They always had some action.

,,Do you believe us, (y/n)?" I was so deep in my thoughts, that I didn't even listen to their talk.

,,Um, believe what?" I looked up to them.

Harry threw the daily prophet over. As it hit my elbow it stopped and I took it.
Before I could read the title, Hermione screamed, ,,Harry Potter's secret Heartache" she mimicked Rita Skeeter.
,,I'm going to kill-"

,,Hermione, come down." I could tell she was worried. ,,Of course I believe you."

,,Everyone thinks they are a couple" Ron scoffed.

Before I could respond to what he was saying, my eyes met hazel ones. Cedric. I looked away, but felt him approaching.

I got nervous. What should I tell him? Does he want to break up with me? Is he going to lie? I tried to get answers but no one was there to answer them.

Sweat in the palms of my hands, my breathing heavy, I couldn't hide my fear.

I didn't hear their conversation and the many students chatting and giggling in the hall anymore. Everything blurred. Until someone pated my shoulder. That little movement got me out of my thoughts and fear. I turned slowly and looked at him.

,,Why are you avoiding me?" Cedric's soft voice spoke. How I missed it.

,,I'm not." I lied and turned back.

,,Don't lie. Did I do something wrong?"

My blood boiled. Is he kidding?
,,Why are you acting like you don't know anything." I turned back now looking him straight in the eyes.

,,What do you mean?"

,,Oh please, Cedric."

He looked like he tried to remember until realization hit him.

,,Do you mean... do you mean her?" He pointed with his index finger to a particular girl at the Hufflepuff table. Her blonde long her on her shoulders. She was giggling and having fun. I looked at her and answered his question,

,,Yes, her" I showed him that I was annoyed.

,,(y/n)..." I was still looking at her; an excuse to avoid the eye contact.

,,She- she is my cousin" my eyes widened and landed shocked on his.

,,She- she is w-w-what?", my mouth in an O shape. ,,But you- but you held her waist"