Chapter 39

I couldn't stop smiling after last night. The first time in a while, I mustn't worry about my relation with Draco. The first time, I'm not confused about what we are.

I was still smiling to myself as I was walking in the hallway, but came to a halt as I heard a familiar voice. I got slowly closer to where the voices came from and stood at the end of the hallway.

,,Come on Draco, you know you want me." I heard a girl say.

,,Bailey, how many times do I have to tell you, I love (y/n)!" I listened, blushing.

,,Sometimes you need to take a break of her. This sometime would be now, come on."

,,She's my girlfriend now, Bailey! You've already caused me enough trouble the last time! Now get off me or my father will hear about this!" I snickered quietly about his comment. He still uses it?

,,Ugh. Whatever. You aren't handsome anyway." I heard her walk away.

As I heard Draco's footsteps coming my way, I ran to the common room as fast as I could. Eavesdropping is very rude, yeah I'm aware, but as soon as I heard Bailey is the one talking to Draco, I couldn't shrug it off, but listen.

I finally arrived and threw my books on the table. I opened random books and  pretended to learn as I tried to catch my breath at the same time.

I heard Draco approaching the common room and soon opening the door.

,,Hey (y/n)." He greeted me and hopped into the seat next to me.

,,Hey Draco." I responded, not even looking up. He kissed my cheek and his hands sneaked around my waist. He put his head on my shoulder and our cheeks were touching.

,,What are you doing?" He asked curiously and I panicked for a moment.

,,Uhm, uh" I closed the book and showed him the cover, because I didn't know what I'm reading myself.

,,History of magic?"

,,Yeah"

,,Hm" he said bored.

I kept on reading random pages on which I didn't even have a clue what was going on. I wanted to ask him about the previous situation, but wasn't sure if I would make him angry. In the end, I was the one eavesdropping.

But after keeping on arguing wether I should or not, I decided to be a little risky.

,,Draco?" I said, the concern in my voice clearly visible.

,,Yes, darling?" He mumbled. I got butterflies in my stomach.

,,Can I ask you something?" I asked, closing my History of magic book.

,,Yeah, of course you can." He said and raised his head, still holding my waist.

I looked into his beautiful grey eyes and tried to get words out, which were stuck in my throat.

,,Well, um- where did you come from?"

,,What?" He asked rather confused.

,,Where were you as I was learning?" I looked at my hands, nervously waiting for a response, hoping he doesn't freak out or something.

,,Why?"

,,I was just curious, you know." I shrugged.

,,I was with Blaise." He quickly responded and got his hands off my waist, turning to the front to face the fire place.

My heart dropped. Doesn't he trust me? Did I do something wrong?

I was a terrible overthinker, which caused me not to shrug it off easily.

,,O-okay. Was just asking." I responded and my voice cracked accidentally as I did so. I turned to my book and opened it slowly, still not leaving the thoughts.

He really doesn't trust me.

I kept on reminding myself.

I'm worthless anyway, why would he? I mean... I'm me, right? How can I be so selfish and expect anyone to tell me about their private stuff. I'm so dumb.

I was freaking out inside.

,,(y/n)" I heard him say as he kept on looking at the fire.

,,I lied." He admitted suddenly.

I turned to him in disbelief, waiting for him to continue.

,,I'm sorry I lied. I was scared I would lose what I have, but I should trust you and I want to tell you the truth." He said, turning to me and our eyes locked.

,,No, Draco. I'm sorry."

,,What? Why?"

,,I know you were with Bailey. I couldn't help but listen as I was walking by. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have." I looked down, guilty. ,,I'm so selfish and I hate myself." I mumbled.

,,No, (y/n)!" He almost shouted, which caused me to flinch. ,,Don't ever say that. I know you shouldn't have eavesdropped, yeah, but I shouldn't talk with her in the first place. And on top of that, lie to you. I'm so sorry. Don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong." He said and I had the urge to cry. It felt like my heart was racing. I was tearing up at the thought of how much I love him.

,,Draco" I said with my glassy eyes as my hand reached his cheek and caressed it. ,,I love you so much." I said and he smiled a genuine smile.

,,I love you more, darling." He said and held both my cheeks. He put a strand of hair behind my ear. ,,You know I wanna marry you one day, right?" He said and my heart almost dropped outta the place. I couldn't take this much love. ,,And I'm sorry for not being able to show you my love towards you earlier." He smiled and I giggled.

,,It's okay, Draco." I smiled. ,,And you know I wanna grow old with you, right?"

,,Yeah, me too. So when we're old and stuff we still have a crush?"

,,Yeah, yeah." I looked down and giggled. I looked back up at him and threw my arms around his neck, putting my head on his chest.

,,Can I fall asleep in your arms, Draco?" I asked and he nodded.

,,It could cause trouble, but it's worth it." He said and I kissed his cheek.

,,It's getting late, can we just spend the night here?"

,,I'll do whatever you want." He said, kissing the top of my head.

I put my books away and laid down next to Draco on the couch after bringing a banklet from my dorm. I covered our bodies in it and leaned my back against his chest as his right arm was wrapped around my waist.

The common room was already dark, so I turned the last light off and closed my eyes.

I felt Draco's hot breath against my neck.

,,I love you forever, (y/n)." He whispered into my ear.

,,Me too, Draco." I whispered and doze off to sleep.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Once again, thank u for everything!

I hope you enjoyed it!

<3