3. Traitor

"What's bothering you Tequila?"

The Mexican Formula One champion's hazel eyes followed her sister-in-law's movements as she viciously punched the bag in front of her.

"What makes you think something's bothering me?" Tequila responded irritably, not breaking her rhythm.

"We both know that's not true."

Harley Torrianto walked over to her husband, Titus' younger sister knowing full well that something was on her mind. She was a tall and curvaceous, olive-skinned woman from Guadalajara, Mexico with dead-straight, long chestnut hair shaved on one side. Just like the rest of the family she was a werewolf, and she had met her mate during an illegal car race, in which she came first, a little over five years ago.

"There are two things you always do when something's wrong, you punch things, and you eat a lot of cake." Harley had become a close friend of Tequila's since she married Titus and joined the gang and so she knew all of her habits for when she was uneasy.

"You had half a cake for breakfast."

Tequila rolled her eyes as she continued punching, preparing herself for the interrogation.

"So, Tequila, I'm going to ask again. What's wrong?"

She stopped mid-punch, suddenly overtaken by the need to tell someone what was wrong. "It's him." She turned around to see a look of confusion descend on Harley's dark features.

"Remember the man from the club? I can't get him out of my head."

More confusion.

"I see his face in my dreams. His violet eyes haunt me." Tequila span round to punch the bag as a wave of frustration threatened to take over.

"But it's been two weeks since then and you never even spoke to him. Who is he?" Harley couldn't see the haunting look of sadness in Tequila's eyes as she asked the question.

"Well that's just the problem isn't it." She punched the bag.

"I-I think it was the King." She punched the bag again.

"But you hate him so why are you obsessing over him? Is he your mate?" Harley asked excitedly before Tequila could answer her previous question.

"No." She punched the bag so violently it almost became unhinged from the ceiling. She continued to punch as her wolf's whines echoed in her mind.

"Please Tequila we don't know that, his scent was masked."

"A monster like us doesn't have a mate A, it's about time you accepted that."

Athena whined a lonely howl in Tequila's mind as she thought of the worst fate for a wolf; not having a mate.

Tequila suddenly realised she was no longer punching the bag but instead was creating a rather large crack in the gym wall.

"I'm going to pretend I believe that." Harley rolled her eyes dramatically then headed for the double doors, but before she left she turned back to see her friend attacking the punch bag again.

"We have a meeting in the main warehouse in fifteen minutes by the way. Don't be late."

"Great, thanks." Tequila replied half-heartedly as Harley turned to leave.

"Oh and one more thing." Harley decided to leave her with something to think about, "If he is your mate please give him a chance, you owe it to yourself and your wolf to let someone love you."

With that she swiftly exited the room. Shocked and angry at Harley's words, Tequila spun on her heels ready with a venomous retort only to find the car racer gone.