5. King Cobra

The next day, Tequila watched through a one-way window into the interrogation room in the warehouse basement. In typical interrogation room style, the room was bare apart from an empty table under the window and a cheap, broken lamp hanging in the centre of the ceiling. Tyrone was in there using Evan as a human punch bag. She had watched as one by one; her brothers used their own methods to extract any sliver of information from their traitor.

This wasn't the first time she'd been betrayed. She'd lived her young life surrounded by lies and betrayal, and at this point she saw it as more of a minor inconvenience.

"Tell me more or I will kill you Evan" said Tyrone to the weakened wolf.

"N-no you won't, you need me. Without me you're back to square one" he spat back somewhat confidently.

"I don't care I'll find another way to reveal what you're hiding."

"Alright Tyrone that's enough." Tequila sauntered through the heavy, metal door towards her snarling brother. "It's my turn."

He reluctantly retreated behind the window joining the rest of the siblings. Tequila watched him go before turning back to Evan and rubbing her hands excitedly.

"You and I are going to have some fun!"

Expertly, she punched him two more times just for good measure. Not too much to knock him out, but enough to let him know what he was dealing with. She had something else in store for him.

She cheerfully walked to the table facing the hidden window and started carefully laying out 20 vials of a clear liquid. She had many interrogation techniques and almost all of them included one of her sixteen pet snakes, each more deadly than the last. Today, she had decided to use her favourite and most venomous.

"We're going to play a little game I like to play. It's called, did you know?" said Tequila as she looked up through the window and winked at her brothers watching her. They each held a degree of fear in their own minds knowing what their sister was capable of.

She turned to the black cage next to her and slipped on her protective glove specially made with anti-venom fibres to protect her from snakebites. She gently placed her arm in front of the snake's head making sure not to make any sudden moves. The King Cobra watched her with its beady black eyes before biting her wrist twice and then proceeding to slither up her hand. She admired the large snake as it wrapped its long, black with specks of gold, scaly body slowly around her arm. She glanced over her shoulder to see Evan gulp as he stared at the reptile.

"Ha that always knocks their confidence down a few pegs." Athena cackled.

"Well let's see if he's still reluctant to divulge any information once he finds out just what this bad boy can do." Tequila could feel Athena smiling mischievously as she replied.

She held her left arm up, holding the serpent's delicate head between her thumb and index finger. Carefully she made her way to stand in front of Evan, the snake now pointed at his face.

"If you think I'm scared of some snake you're mistaken" he said attempting miserably to hide his obvious fear.

"Ah but this isn't just some snake," said Tequila.

She stroked the snakes head with her right middle finger, admiring its beauty.

"You see this is a King Cobra. Do you know what that is?" she said continuing to stroke her pet.

"No" spat Evan.

"Hmm I didn't think so."

This time she looked him directly in the eyes as she asked, "Did you know that the King Cobra has the strongest bite of any venomous snake?"