16. Ghosts Aren't Always Dead

"Hey you can't be in here, this room is closed off," a very human police officer told the King of werewolves.

"They're with me Mia, I'll take it from here," Javier said pushing his brother out of the way before he wolfed out on the poor girl.

"But sir I was told under no circumstances is anyone allowed in," Mia said in her bravest voice.

"And you've done a great job of that, but I've decided to make an exception. Now go have your break Mia, and that's an order," Javier said sternly.

"Yes Captain," she said and walked away from them down the busy hospital corridor.

The group of wolves walked into the small hospital room and stood around the pink haired girl lying in a bed with tubes all over her. Dante picked up the chart at the end of the bed and begun to read the doctor's notes.

"How is she?" Mateo asked him.

"She's been unconscious for three hours so she should wake up soon. It's strange, Psycho barely touched her, she was knocked out but has no other injuries," Dante told him perplexed.

"It's almost as if he wanted to make sure she survived," said Javier.

As if she could sense their presence, the girl started to shift and her eyes fluttered open.

"What's going on?" she croaked.

"I'm going to go get a doctor," Axel said, running out of the room.

"Dante I want you to question her, you're the least intimidating," Xander said pushing Dante in front of her.

"K-King Xander?" the girl whispered.

Xander stepped towards her bed his eyes glowing again. He didn't notice the woman in blue scrubs with white hair and blood red eyes who slipped into the room. He certainly didn't notice that she had no scent at all.

"How do you know who I am?" he said sharply.

"You don't remember me?" she muttered, her eyes downcast.

"Arrogant bastard doesn't even remember one of his own," Tequila growled in Athena's mind.

She cleared her throat and pushed through all of the wolves to reach the bed.

"How are you feeling Miss?" she asked, ignoring them.

"Y-you," the girl gasped with wide eyes.

"I'm nurse Alisha," Athena told her, pretending she hadn't heard her, "I'm here to check your vitals."

She could feel all of the men's eyes on the girl as she performed the checks that she'd seen Naomi perform on her hundred of times. It took every fibre of her being not to run into her mate's arms. His scent was invading her senses and fogging up her mind, she needed to get out of there.

"Well everything seems fine, just make sure to get a lot of rest," she turned to face the wolves but kept her eyes locked on the one dressed as a police officer, "please don't pester her too much officer, she needs to recover in peace."

"Of course, we'll keep it brief," Javier nodded at her, but his eyes didn't leave the patient.

She walked swiftly to the door her gaze purposely avoiding his, but he wasn't watching her, he was glaring at the trembling girl in front of him, a strange feeling of recognition pulling at the back of his mind.

"What do you want from me officer?" Alice asked, weakly pushing herself to sit up.

"Dante here has some questions to ask you and I need you to be as truthful as possible when answering," Javier told her, motioning to Dante.