38. Gone

The moon was high in the sky when Tobias returned to the room. Naomi stood immediately from her chair when she scented her mate, the abrupt action startling those in the room.

"Is there any news?" she asked.

"He's going to be fine. He'll be bedbound and probably angry for a while," Tobias said with a relieved smile.

"But he's not going to die?" Dante said.

"No he's here to stay."

Dante and Kamryn squealed and hugged each other, everyone in the room exchanging smiles and looks of relief.

"Where's Tequila? All he's said since he woke up is he needs to see her," Tobias said, looking the room over with a confused expression. He sniffed the air and furrowed his brows.

"She's in the bathroom," Kamryn pointed.

Tobias crossed the room and knocked loudly on the door. When there was no response he knocked again several times.

"Tequila? You in there?" he yelled through the door.

There was silence. They all slowly approached the door, fresh panic filling the air.

"Are you sure?" Tobias said, turning to them.

"Where else could she have gone? We've been standing out here the whole time," Naomi said nervously.

"Clearly you've all forgotten who we're talking about," Tobias scowled.

Tobias ripped open the door and ran into the bathroom.

"He's alive T, you can come out now," the words died on his tongue as he took in the empty bathroom.

He ran back out and his panicked eyes were met with those of his siblings.

"She's not in there," Tobias sighed.

"What do you mean she's not in there?" Kamryn said loudly.

"He means she climbed out the window," Tiger growled, "She's up to her old tricks again."

"But why?" Dante asked.

"Because she's scared," Kamryn sighed and sat defeatedly back on the bed, "She thought he was dead, so she ran away. We need to find her quickly."

"Kam's right, she's not in her right mind," Tiger said jumping into action. The brothers did the same pulling out their phones and started to text and call various people.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Demi asked quietly from behind Tiger.

"That she's dangerous," Tobias said sternly.

Tobias, Titus, Tariq, Tyson, Tyrone, Tiger and Kamryn ran out the room without another word.

"I thought that it was better to not intervene when she's in a mood like this?" Dante said anxiously.

"That's when she's angry," Naomi explained, "She's a lot more dangerous when she's upset. Which is why we have to find her before anything happens."

Naomi left them alone in the empty room and Demi and Dante looked at each other sympathetically.

"I have a lot to learn about this family," Demi sighed.

"You and me both," Dante chuckled.

They looked around the room for a moment, savouring the peace they knew they would not feel again until Tequila was found. They both took a deep breath and then hurried after the Torrianto siblings.

~

The Seven Serpents and the Red Moon Pack searched all night and day for Tequila but there was no trace of her on the pack grounds. She had disappeared and Xander had been getting gradually more violent as he demanded to see his mate. Eventually none of the palace staff or guards would go near him for fear of their lives. His family and the Torriantos gathered at the top of the Family Wing where Xander had the floor to himself. They debated in hushed voices what to do.