Chapter 4

-February 2019-
- Filming started-
-Ethan and Olivia are still doing distance dating-

Olivia's POV:

It's the first day, and we're all going to set for photo shoots and some small scenes of us describing our characters, what they like, and things like that. I am very exited for it. I memorized all my lines with Ethan, him pretending to be Ricky,  just like we used to for 'Bizaardvark', even though filming won't start until next week.  The only difference was that this time it was through the phone.  But, we still managed to get my lines memorized. I got to set at 6 AM, which was really early for me. I opened the door to the makeup trailer, and heard a song from 'Panic in the Disco' really loud. I just wondered who in the world would blast music at 6 AM in the morning. And then I saw Josh dancing in his chair while, Dan (Our makeup stylist), told him to keep still. I laughed, and went in.

"Hey Josh!" I said messing his curls. Something about them just make me want to mess them all the time.

"Hey! I was trying to tame those!" Said Dan, while I just laughed even more.

"You can't do that Dan, they are their own people. " He assured him. " Specially this one over here, Matt and I called it Herbie.  Anyways, Hi Liv! How are you?" He asked me with a ton of energy.

"I'm fine, and a little sleepy." I told him, sitting in the chair beside him.

"Okay, then dance!" He said moving

"Joshua Taylor Bassett you gotta keep still!" Dan said in a laugh, trying to look angry.

"Your Middle name is Taylor?" I asked laughing at Dan.

"Yep." He said taking his phone out. "It's my dad's name, so I got the heritage, sort of... I don't really know. Buuuuuut,  according to Google your middle name is.... Isabel?" He asked me

"Yep." I said with a smile, "My dad wanted me to have a middle name, it was going to be 'Isabella' but Olivia and Isabella didn't go together, so they made it 'Isabel'." I told him.

"Hahahahaha, you know Isabel is a pretty name, but I just realized that it implies you're a bell.  Is A Bell." He laughed, I laughed with him.

"Thanks?" I asked. After that we just made fun of our names, naming people who had our last names who changed something in the world, or rhyming them with embarrassing things. We had a great time.

Josh's POV:

The more I hang out with Olivia the less nervous I get around her, which I like. We get each other. It's funny because we have a lot of inside jokes, so every time someone says something, we immediately look at each other and laugh. We've built a really strong connection. She makes me better. 

We're currently in her trailer,  she asked me to help her with her calculus work, even though I told her I suck at it. 

"Okay, so.... I really need your help. You're the only one that agreed." She said pacing around the trailer.

"Okay, but it wasn't my best subject.... Actually, now  that I realize, I sucked at all of them." I told her, she just laughed.

"Okay, this is the problem. 'Use the limit definition to compute the derivative, f'(x), for'

 'Use the limit definition to compute the derivative, f'(x), for'

"Ummmmm.... what's a derivative?" I asked. She gave me the most 'You're really that dumb?' look she could've ever given me. I just laughed "I'm just kidding, I'm not that stupid."

"I was 'bout to say!" She laughed. "But, can you please help me?"

"Yeah, of course...." I explained her all the ways the equation is possible. And I think she understood it. 

We did more calculus problems together, I would throw a joke and she would burst out laughing, which I loved. I noticed she was cold, so I asked her if we could turn the heater on, but she said it was broken, so I went to my trailer and brought some of my blankets to her trailer. She thanked me for it, and we snuggled on her couch. 

After we'd finished, we talked about movies. She told me that her favorite movie of all time was twilight, but I've never seen it. So she got her computer and we're both watching it, it's really cool so far.

"You know Josh? This friendship is superior, I'm a different level of me when we are together.... I say, your nickname is from now on 'JOSHY'!" She told me, I just laughed.

"'Joshy'? Okay, that's the cringiest nickname you could've ever thought of!" I said bursting into a laugh. "But, if that's what you want.... I'm afraid I will have to tell my parents that my name is not 'Joshua' anymore! I'm also afraid that I'm gonna have to call you...Hmmmmm....'Livvy'!"

"Fine with me!" She said with a smile.

"Okay, Livvy."

"Alright, Joshy."

I just looked at the screen, while my checks were slightly pink. The movie finished, and we were both called to take pictures together. It was all going great, until Ethan called Liv. Then, I remembered I couldn't fall for Liv. She has a boyfriend, and I need to respect that. 

The day on set was over, and I was back in my apartment. I have my guitar in my hands thinking about Liv and my feelings for her. So I started playing some chords while a lyric came to mind.

'Falling in and out of love can make it hard to love yourself.'

I love it, so I write it down. I just think of what to add.

'Someone puts you on a pedestal, then leaves you on the self.'

I'm impressed at how my brain comes up with the best lyrics sometimes. Thinking about it, I don't have to write about Liv. Maybe writing about something else will help me take a break from my feelings.

'And you're left to wonder what you did or didn't do enough
Painfully, you tell yourself you are not worthy of their love

Oh, you brought self doubt in
Then just walked out in
To a painless place you can call home
Leaving me on the floor
Not so sure anymore
I am left losing sleep over you

I have yet to find another girl
Who fits me like a glove
Before you, I'd never known the feeling
Of unrelenting love
In between the fights and lonely nights...
'

I love the song, so I decide to put it on my Instagram story. It took my mind off Liv the rest of the day.