Chapter 33

-July 2019-
-Right after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

The car ride is a little awkward.

"So... they caught us." I started.

"Yep." She answered. That was so dry.

"Why did you look so uncomfortable?" I asked, straight forward.

"What? I wasn't." She denied.

"Liv, I saw you. You wanted to get out of there so quickly. You were even doing the thing you do with your tongue." I pointed out. "If it wasn't for me holding your hand, you would've rushed out." I explained. She nodded, and stared out the window. "Liv? Why?" I asked her again, but she ignored it. "Babe, why?" I repeated.

"Babe?" She asked, shocked.

"It was the only way you would've said something." I shrugged. "Sorry, if you didn't like that." I apologized. "Can you tell my why, though?"

"Why, what?" She asked a little over the edge.

"Why you were uncomfortable when Frankie said we were a couple." I described. She turned away again. "Did I say something wrong?" I asked her, remembering when told the cast we were just friends. "Liv, talk to me." I begged. "Why is it so hard for you to say what's on your mind?" I asked her, but nothing I would say or do would get to her. "Okay. Don't tell me, then." I sighed, tired of begging. The silence from before came back, it was the worst. I was thinking about putting music on, but maybe Liv only needed time to think.

"I'm scared." She opened up. I pulled to the side of the road as soon as she said that.

"Wha- Why?" I asked, confused.

"I- I didn't want anyone to know because I didn't want to feel pushed." She looked at me, unsure of what my reaction would be.

"Oh." Was all I could let out of my mouth. Ugh, so Ricky of me to say.

"Are you mad about it?" She asked, worried.

"No! I could never be mad about that, Livvy." I assured her. "I understand you're scared. Your last and only relationship didn't end well, and you're unsure. But I'll be here, waiting as long as you need me to." I rubbed her cheek with my thumb. I love her. I have that clear in my mind, but she needs to sort her feelings out before I could tell her.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend but not really?" She asked me. Woah, it's actually the first time we've used that term with each other.

"I would gladly be your boyfriend. But you need to find who you are before I step in. But to answer your question. Yes, kind of. I'll be here when you need me." I smiled at her.

"I really don't know what I did to deserve you. Thanks for being so understanding, and handling me when I'm annoying." She laughed. She was so pretty.

"You're never annoying." I nuzzled our noses together, stealing a kiss from her. Then she stole one from me. I did the same, but held it for longer, then she held hers for longer, and longer, and longer.... yeah, pretty much, we're making out. It got pretty spicy pretty fast, which confuses me because she's the one scared here, yet she's the one leading this. Girls are just so hard to understand in general. So I'll focus on this, which makes me feel like I'm floating. I was loving it, until something had to interrupt us. Why didn't I turn the phone's ringer off? I didn't want it to stop so abruptly, but she pulled away.

"You should probably get that, babe." She said, while I frowned.

"Babe?" I asked with a smile.

"Payback." She blushed.

"Yeah, okay." I blushed too. I let my phone ring for too long and the call got cut. Matt was the caller ID. Shoot, we're taking too long. Then, he called again.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Guys, will you stop making out in your car and come to Larry's place." I heard Frankie say, far away from the phone. "We've been waiting for sooo long."

"It's barely been 10 minutes, Frankie." Matt said closer to the phone. I felt Liv's eyes on my neck.

"We're on our way. There's traffic." I lied.

"There's no traffic in Utah, dummy." Julia reminded me. I felt Liv move my curly hair out of the side of my neck. What? Do I have a bug or something?

"Seriously, stop the PG-13 and get here." Frankie demanded.

"Alright." I laughed, before I hung up. "Liv, what are you doing?" I laughed, tipping my neck to the side.

"Josh... don't get mad." She tried to hold her laugh.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, confused.

"I- You- have a hickey." She told me, biting her lip.

"You did that?-" I asked, looking at the bruise through the camera of my phone.

"Sorry, I tried to be light!" She exclaimed, sheepishly. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You really went there, huh?" I asked her. She nodded, blushing. "It's okay. It'll be gone in a couple of days." I laughed, pecking her lips.

"No, there's a problem. It's really visible." She worried. "How do we cover it?"

"Makeup?" I suggested, but she shook her head. "I mean, it's not like we can straighten my hair." I laughed.

"We could do that." She thought about it for a moment.

"I was joking, don't do that to my curls. Herbie will hate you forever." I warned her.

"But your hair would be kind of long if we straighten it. Let's do it." She said.

"Are you serious? What if my curls are never curly again? What if I have to shave my head? What if-" I panicked.

"Josh, you have 5 sisters, their hair is curly too. Did they never straighten their hair?" She asked me.

"Always." I rolled my eyes. "It was always in the bathroom and they would occupy it for so long, and I couldn't use it even if I was about to explode inside." I explained.

"Hahaha. But, did their hair ever stopped being curly? Did they ever had to shave their head?" She asked me.

"No, but-"

"So then, we're doing this thing." She demanded. "Let's go to mines and fix this thing. The rest can wait."

"Okay." I responded hesitantly. I drove to her house, where she straighten my hair.

"I look like a cheap version of Zac Efron when he was my age." I pointed out, which made Liv crack up.

"You're so right." She said, finishing up the hair.

"Wow, what a confidence boost." I rolled my eyes.

"You're welcome." She laughed. "There, let's go." She said. We drove to Larry's place. I'm just hoping they don't find out.

N/A
I just wanted to take the time to thank all of you guys for reading, commenting, and voting!! It makes me really happy when I can interact with all of you guys, even if it's just through a comment! Have a nice day wherever you live!!! See you guys next time :D