Chapter 6

-January 2019-

Josh's POV:

We got to the school and stopped to catch our breath.

"You still owe me a piggyback ride." She said nudging me. I simply laughed.

"Guys I need you to start working." I heard Tim approach us.

"We were looking for a ukulele." Liv answered.

"Oh, you don't have one? Ummmmmm... Let me figure some things out, and we will give you guys one... or two." He said walking away.

"I feel bad for Tim. He has a lot of things to worry about." I say walking out the school with Liv.

"I'm inspired by him." Liv said looking at the snow.

"I guess so." I responded. We stood outside, watching the snow fall for a few minutes. Liv is beautiful, her rosy cheeks, her bright eyes, her soft and silky long hair, her soft nose, her-.
What am I doing?! SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND.

"You know, it's funny. I always carry a ukulele with me, yet when someone asks me what instrument I play I always say guitar." I laughed, trying to get away from my thoughts.

"Wait... you ALWAYS carry a ukulele?"

"Yeah, why is that such- Oh." I realized. "It's in my car."

"Well then, let's go goofball." She teases me.

"Goofball? And I was going to give you a piggyback ride." I said walking faster than her to leave her behind. Then I hear steps close to me, and a little weigh on me.

"Well you're gonna have to do it anyways." She said while she hung from me.

"Two things. One, you're very light. Two, you're so predictable." I smiled and blushed, good thing she couldn't see it.

"Well if being predictable means getting piggyback rides, then yes, I am." I heard her say, placing her head on my shoulder. Just when I thought I was getting over it, SHE RESTS HER HEAD ON MY SHOULDER, MAKING BOTH OUR CHEEKS SLIGHTLY TOUCH.

"We're here!" I said letting her get off me.

"Ahhhh, your white car. A real trip." She says, while I laugh.

"And this over here." I say reaching for the ukulele. "Is 'Ukularry'." I say showing her the instrument.

"Ukularry. Ummmm, what on Earth is that?" She wonders.

"This is my grandpa Larry's ukulele. He gave it to me before he passed away." I explain to her remembering the day it happened. "Ukularry." I smile at her.

"Oh, I see. I didn't know it meant so much to you." She realized. "Maybe we should wait for Tim to give us another ukulele."

"Why?"

"I'm afraid to drop it, or damage it, or do something to it. It's really special to you."

"I'm sure you'll be fine." I smiled to her again. "Piggyback?"

"Duh!"

"Of course you have to add the attitude to it." I say letting her jump on me.

"Then 'Duh!' wouldn't be 'Duh!' anymore. It would just be a plain and boring word." She explained, while I tried not to slip on ice.

"Ugh, words!" I say rolling my eyes.

"I know right." She says following along. After a few minutes we got to my trailer.

"Alright. Get off monkey." I tease her.

"Monkey? I'm guessing this is what I get for calling you goofball." She says cuddling in my blankets.

"Yeah, I guess you can take it like that." I laughed. "Okay so! I'm going to teach you how to play the ukulele! Let me just show you what this is. So a ukulele is a string instrument. Can you say 'S-T-R-I-N-G I-N-S-T-R-U-M-E-N-T?"

"When did you become 'Dora the explorer'?" She pretends to be annoyed. "I KNOW WHAT A STRING INSTRUMENT IS, I PLAY ONE!"

"I KNOW!" I shout like her.

"OKAY JOSHY!" She responds.

"ALRIGHT LIVVY! THIS IS A G MAJOR CHORD. AND THIS IS A-" I was interrupted.

"Josh, what are the people outside imagining we're doing yelling like this?" She laughs. I laugh with her. I teach her other basic chords, even some that are not part of the song, and she gets the hang of it pretty quickly.

"Hey Liv, I'm going to use the restroom. I'll be back in a little." I said leaving. I'm really proud of her. She learned the song in less than a half hour.

"I wrote something." She says when I come back.

"On the ukulele?" I ask.

"Yep." She answers, I can't tell if she's shy or not.

"Can I hear it?" I ask sitting next to her.

"Yes. Here it goes:

Clouds, Clouds, Clouds
they make me proud
of who I am.

Everyone has their own beauty
but clouds, clouds, clouds
Well, they look untruly.

I've never wondered why they're perfect
I look up, and there they are.
I'm very very very impressed." She finishes and smiles.

"I'm the impressed one here." I smile.

"Ha, thanks!" She giggled. We talked and laughed for the rest of the day, singing covers and writing our own songs, making fun of each other and just being ourselves. That's what I love about it. I can be myself.