Chapter 65

-December 2019-

Josh's POV:

"WAKE UP!" My sisters barged into my room, interrupting my very peaceful sleep.

"IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!" They yelled, hitting pots with spoons.

"Could you guys not?!" I groaned, covering my ears with a stuffed bear. I went to a 'Build-A- Bear' with Isaac to have a fresh start with him. We made our own 'Build-A-Bears' and spent the night roller skating. "Let me sleep." I mumbled. That only resulted in them making more noise. "ALRIGHT! I'LL GET UP!" I quickly stood up from my bed. "You're going to make the whole neighborhood wake up." I chuckled, putting a shirt on.

"IT'S NEW YEAR'S EVE!" Claire squealed. 

"Yay!" I faked a smile, waiting for them to leave so I could go sleep again.

"We're going to do so much today!" Claire jumped. Out of all of us, Claire was the one with the biggest holiday spirit. I'm not kidding. It could be national flower day and she'd dress up as a tulip or a rose and dance around with a bunch of flowers in her hands.

"Well, I already had plans with-" Winter spoke up

"Winter, we are not ruining our family tradition. This has been going on since mom was a baby!" Claire exclaimed.

"Calm down, nugget." I laughed. "Winter won't miss it." I turned to Winter. "Right? This is our tradition. We always go together. You're not going to miss it because of your date?" I asked. She frowned a little, thinking about it.

"Fine. I won't miss it." She sighed.

"Thank you!" Claire hugged Winter. 

"Claire, it's getting weird now." Winter shook Claire off her after a couple seconds of the hug, laughing. I rolled my eyes at them.

"So what's the plan?" I stretched.

"We're going to Grandma Anne's house and then we're baking cookies there. After that we'll watch a movie and talk. Then at 7, we're going to the field to watch the fireworks." Hannah noted. I nodded and started to get ready. When you're in a house this big, getting ready takes about 4 hours... for each of us...

- · · · -

"Grandma Anne!" The six of us exclaimed when the door opened.

"My sweet little children!" She smiled, opening her arms to hug each one of us. 

After greeting each other, the oldest sat on the couch and the youngest ones on the floor. "What's new?" Grandma Anne asked us.

"Josh has a girlfriend!" All of my sisters pointed at me.

"Sheesh!" I exclaimed, laughing.

"You do?!" Grandma Anne asked me, surprised.

"Yeah, her name is Olivia." I blushed.

"And he's in love." Ali teased me. Everyone laughed at the comment.

"How did you guys meet?" Grandma Anne asked me. She loves asking questions, and we love answering them.

"They're on a show together, and they fell in love." Ali laughed.

"You already said that." I playfully rolled my eyes, trying to hold the blush that was creeping on my face.

"Well, can I see the show?" She asked. No. No way was I going to see myself acting. It's just too cringe and awkward.

"Sure!" My dad smiled.