Chapter 47

-July 2019-
-Right before last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

"So, we started laughing and mocking each other until we heard sirens. It was the scariest thing ever. Then we stood firmly and acted innocent as the police officers rushed to us. It was like an action movie because right when they started walking to us, the car exploded." He laughed.

"The car exploded?!" I asked, stunned.

"Yes." He cracked up. "We all ran away from it since we were really close. Then, the officers made sure we were okay and called an ambulance. The four of us rode in it as the nurse took our blood pressure, checking for any bruises. She covered the scratch I had on my arm and sent us to the police station. We were locked up in jail for a few hours."

"You went to jail?!" I exclaimed.

"It wasn't jail. We were just waiting for our parents...behind the bars, but we weren't criminals." He explained. "So, we sat on the bench they had, anxiously waiting for our parents. We lied to the officers about the speed and instead said we never saw the 'dead end' sign, making us crash on the wall. There was no proof of it otherwise because the car got destroyed and because that road had no cameras. A young cop kept ranting about how bad it could've been for like, 3 hours straight. Then, our parents arrived. That's when I knew I was really in trouble."

"Your parents don't look like the type to get mad." I shrugged.

"Yeah, but the situation didn't help. I sneaked out, drove my parent's car without a license, put my friends in danger, crashed at car, and went to jail for it. I could see the furious expression on my dad's face when he picked me up. Like, you know you really messed up when you say something or even apologize but they won't even look at you."

"Yeah. That feeling is the worst." I agreed.

"So, we got home and he sat me on the couch. He started asking me simple questions like, 'where did you go?', 'who was there?', and stuff like that, then he started yelling at me and putting some knowledge I well needed in my brain. But I didn't really care about him yelling. Sure, it hurt and I knew what I did was bad, but what I was worried about was the punishment. He yelled at me for 5 whole hours, while I cried there. I remember him saying like, 'This summer is over for you, bud!' and he started yelling, 'You can't do this, you can't play that, you can't do this, from now on you do this, and this and that.' And I hated it. He took all my games, my phone, my computer, and everything in my room and placed it all on the attic. I only had my bed and my clothes."

"Wow. I can't believe that happened." I said.

"For a whole month, I had nothing to do. So I asked my mom if I could buy a guitar. She made me pay it, of course, and it arrived like, 3 days later. All I remember from that month was me playing the guitar the whole day. I didn't stop, because I had nothing else to do. And at the end of it, I realized I taught myself how to play the guitar and I also got that scar." He smiled proudly. "The end."

"That was a really good story." I laughed.

"I'm glad I made you laugh." I nuzzled our noses.

"I'm glad too." She beamed, interlocking our lips together. She pulled away after a few seconds.

Josh's POV:

"Oh, come on. Have some fun." I smirked, pulling her in again. I felt her smile into the kiss before she slid her hand under my shirt. Oh wow, I can't really breathe right now. And it's not because of the kiss...

...It's been a few minutes since we started. I played around with her neck, making sure I was careful on what I was doing to not leave any marks. I went back to her lips a few minutes later. Then, I heard her parents walking towards her room.

"Your parents are coming!" I whispered, quickly taking her hand off my chest and wrapping both of them around my waist, putting her head on my shoulder. I rubbed her back slowly, pretending we weren't doing anything at all. Her dad opened the door, giving me a questioning glance.

"Cramps." I mouthed to him. He nodded, knowing that Liv liked to be cuddled when she had cramps. Liv, turned her head to look at her parents, with an innocent smile.

"Dinner is ready." Liv's mom smiled, we nodded at them before both of them left.

"How did you know they were coming?" Liv turned to me, with her mouth wide open.

"I'm just made out of boyfriend material." I smirked.

"How does that connect with what I just asked you?" She laughed, as her cheeks became slightly pink.

"It doesn't. But I just thought I'd let you know." I pecked her.

"That's one of the cringy-est pick up lines." She rolled her eyes at me.

"But you still blushed." I pointed out.

"No I didn't." She denied.

"You did." I smirked.

"I did not." She pouted.

"You did too." I pulled her closer by the waist, with my tongue in my cheek.

"I didn't." She fixed her gaze on my lips. She leaned in, but I pulled her away.

"Your parents are waiting." I reminded her, putting up a cheeky grin.

"You just ruined the whole mood." She rolled her eyes, standing up.

"Oh, so you'd rather stay here and let your parents see stuff they wouldn't like?" I pointed out with an annoying tone in my voice, moving to the side of her bed. "I'm down for it." I teased her, grabbing her wrists and pulling her in between my legs with a smirk.

"You're obnoxious." She turned away from me, walking out of her room.

"Yeah, I love you too." I laughed, walking behind her and kissing her neck. Everything is good. I love that it's good. I want it to stay like this forever.

Olivia's POV:

What just happened made me remember of the time I got caught doing the same thing with Ethan... just this time it didn't go like that.

"What are you daydreaming about?" Josh nudged me, laughing.

"Nothing." I looked away, to hide my blush.

"Hmm, okay." He gave me a suspicious glance before he laughed.

"Why are you laughing." I asked him.

"Because you suck at lying." He answered.

"That is true." My mom agreed serving our plates. I scoffed playfully, Josh places his hand on my thigh, brushing his palm against my leg. I love this. It's so nice and peaceful.