Chapter 63

-December 2019-

Josh's POV:

"Do you want more popcorn?" I asked Liv. We were watching a movie at my house. I took her to a quiet and peaceful lake and we ate ice cream there, then I drove us to my apartment, and she's staying the night

"No, the movie is about to end anyways." She shook her head. I was really into the movie, for some reason the main character get's their license at the end of it.

"You know, I'm waiting for the day you can drive up to my house with your own car." I smiled at her.

"The first thing I'll do when I get my license is drive to your house." She nuzzled our noses together.

"Yeah?" I asked rhetorically. "And you'll knock on my door, and I'll open it and see you there with your license in you hands, screaming and jumping up and down. So, I'll hug you the tightest I've ever hugged you, and I'll spin you around in my arms and tell you how proud of you I am. Then, after that, we'll go to some In-N-Out to celebrate." I grinned, daydreaming about that moment..

"Is that really how you picture it?" She had an emotional smile.

"Yes." I answered, smiling shyly at her.

"I love that." She interlocked our fingers together. 

"You know what day I'm also waiting for?" I asked her, placing her on my lap, with her legs on either side of me.

"Which day?" She curiously asked.

"The  day you make it to the music industry." I answered. "The day everyone screams your name while you sing one of your beautiful songs. For example, the song about clouds." I teased her.

"That song was silly." She laughed. "I probably wouldn't release it."

"But still, whatever song you do put out there, I'm going to be your number one fan." I nuzzled our noses together. "And I'll scream all of the lyrics while I'm backstage, and bring you oatmeal cookies when you finish."

"And then what?" She asked me.

"And then, I'll bring you some soft shoes because I know your feet are basically dead." I chuckled. "And I'll go to your dressing room and bring you white flowers-"

"They're called Jasmine." She chimed in.

"Okay. I'll bring you Jasmines and I'll hug you, and kiss you, and tell you how much I love you. Then we go to In-N- out." I grinned.

"Everything is going to end with In-N-out." She rolled her eyes. "Is there another day you're waiting for?" She asked me.

"The day you turn 18, and I can finally tell the world you're mine." I brought he closer to me. "That day, and from then on, I won't have to worry about kissing you in public or holding your hand when we go on walks." I caressed her hair. She was really imagining it.  

"We'll be like Shawn and Camila."  She kissed me. 

I pulled away and shook my head. "We'll be Joshua and Olivia." I corrected her, before I leaned in again. I could feel the warmth on her cheeks, which made me flush as well.

"Who would've thought, us, together, right now?" She placed her head on my shoulder, once we pulled away.

"Yeah, it's funny how things turn out." I chuckled. "I was so awkward as your 'friend'." I pointed out, embarrassed.

"Aw, but it was cute awkward." Liv laughed at me, curling my curls with her fingers.

"No. It was bad, really cringe awkward!" I denied, laughing.

"But you got to me."  She pointed out, braiding my curls.

"Well, yeah. But it wouldn't have been that way if Ethan had stayed with you." I acknowledged. She nodded her head. We don't really talk about Ethan, so curiosity struck me. "How did you guys break up?" I asked her. 

She frowned a little. "I don't want to talk about him." She shook her head. I felt her mood change slightly.

"Okay. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." I caressed her hair, kissing the top of her head a few times.

"It's fine. He's the past." She shrugged. "Now I have you." She grinned, kissing me. We talked for a while until she fell asleep next to me. She looked adorable. I wasn't tired at all, and I didn't want to aimlessly scroll through my phone...Oh wait, Never mind. I don't have an option since I've already used 30 minutes of social media. 

I started thinking about Ethan and Olivia together, or more like questioning. How did they really break up? Was it her call or his? Did they get into a really big argument? Maybe they didn't love each other anymore. Maybe he didn't care for her as much as he said he would. Maybe she thought he was the one she'd been looking for...until she saw me. 

I slightly laughed at that, before I decided to write a song about all my guesses. I slowly and quietly went to the piano and started writing.

"He told her things he knew that she wanted to hear
He's a master puppeteer
She knew the words to every song he'd ever sung
She even thought he was the one for years
 He left her just because
He didn't know just who she was
She said

 You'll be sorry that you left me
Cause I'm the best thing that you aren't ever gonna get again
Sorry that you left me
Cause I'm the best thing that you aren't ever gonna get again 

He made her think that it was all only her fault
Well it was faulted from the start, oh yeah
She told herself it's not as bad as it could be
Pretended she was still happy for too long
He taught her how to love
He left her when he'd had enough
She said 

 You'll be sorry that you left me
Cause I'm the best thing that you aren't ever gonna get again
Sorry that you left me
Cause I'm the best thing that you aren't ever gonna-

Her heart was his responsibility

But he didn't know how to hold her beauty 

She said 

You'll be sorry that you left me

Cause I'm the best thing that you aren't ever gonna get again 

Sorry that you left me 

Cause I'm the best thing that you aren't ever gonna get again." I ended it. I was proud of what'd written. It's actually really good.

"You know, that's not how it went." Liv chuckled, wrapping her arms around me from behind.

"I didn't mean to wake you up." I looked up at her. 

She shook it off. "It's fine. It was more of a nap, than actually sleeping anyways." She shrugged. "You really want to know what happened?" She asked me.

"Not if you don't want to tell me." I answered. "I just wrote a song based on what I thought." I smiled, looking at her beautiful brown eyes.

"You want to hear it, don't you?" She asked me, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Well- yeah." I laughed. I wasn't trying to be nosey, I was curious. She nodded her head and guided us to the couch.

"Do you want to hear the long story or the short story?" She asked me, wrapping us in a blanket.

"The long one." I shrugged. We had all night to spend, and I knew Liv could talk for hours and hours, and it didn't bother me. It was one of the features that I loved about her the most.

"Okay, so. Ethan and I met when we were twelve..." She started. That whole night she explained her relationship with Ethan.