Chapter 59

-November 2019-
-Right after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

"The man of all men is here!" Adam clapped.

"Thought you weren't going to remember our place." Isaac snickered.

"You know, the muscle memory of all those nights driving without a license." I joked bitterly.

"Ha! Good one!" Luca laughed. I turned to my right and saw Mackena. She was still very pretty, but Liv was all I needed. I wouldn't change her for the world.

"Hey, curly head." She smirked, eating some candy.

"Nice to see you again." I smiled at her.

"You want one?" Isaac asked me, offering me a cigarette.

"No, I can't smoke, and I don't want to." I pushed his hand away from me.

"Alright." He shrugged, handing the guys one. "So, we were thinking we could do a run, just like last time." He smirked.

"I'd rather no-" I turned it down.

"Come on. This car is the bomb." Luca pushed me in.

"We won't crash it this time. Have some fun." Isaac lured me. I thought about it for a moment. We all had a license, I guess it wouldn't hurt. So, I gave in, sitting on the passenger's seat.

"Let's roll." Adam smirked once we were all in. Isaac started the car. It made a really squeaky sound before taking off. Okay, no. This was a bad idea.

"So, dude, how has life been treating you?" Adam asked me.

"Good, I'm going out to Utah in a couple of months to film again. It's been great." I answered, keeping an eye on the speed of the car which just kept increasing. "Don't you think that's fast enough?" I asked Isaac.

He smirked at me. "It's never fast enough." He answered, pressing down on the pedal, increasing the speed even more.

"We have to do this more often." Luca suggested from the back seat.

"Right, man!" Adam agreed. Isaac took a turn, which made all of us move the one side of the seat harshly.

"Dude, we shouldn't go on the highway." I hesitated. We were going really fast. This can't be happening again.

"Why? Are you scared?" Isaac laughed at me.

"Are you stupid?! We could kill someone!" I yelled at him.

"You know, we could kill ourselves too." Adam spoke, trying to sound smart.

"No duh!" Luca laughed.

"Isaac, get out of the highway." I warned him.

"Soon, bro. Just let me have some fun." He patted my shoulder.

"If you touch me ever again I swear-" I started, my eyes were screwed shut, trying to hold in the anger that has been building up since this evening.

"Alright, man!  Chill! You don't have to act tough and all." Isaac snickered. "Let's go back to our place." He shrugged. "In a fun way." He added, looking both ways before speeding more.

"Alright, let's go!" Mackena cheered. Am I the only one with common sense here?

"Dude, what the hell are you doing?!" I asked, noticing he was driving on the wrong side of the road.

"Calm down. What happened to the boldness you used to have?" He laughed at me, taking his eyes of the road. That was never boldness. I just happen to be an actor and I would pretend I was invincible. 

"OH MY GOSH! ISAAC!" Mackena exclaimed. All of us turned to see what she was pointing at, when we saw a car coming our way.

"ISAAC, MOVE THE STEERING WHEEL!" I hesitated, leaning to turn the wheel.

"I can't! It's locked!" He answered, trying to move it to the side. My breath quickened as the car in front of us grew bigger. This can't be the end for me. I have a family! I have a job! I have Liv! This can't be it! I couldn't bear watch what how this was going to end. I brought my legs to my chest and hid my face in between them, just like when I was 14. I felt a rush of air come from my right side. I prepared for the worst, but what came after was stillness. The only thing heard was our panting. I rolled back on the chair, a flood of relief rushed through me. I was still catching my breath. 

"That was lit!" Luca looked back and saw no cars. Isaac took a look behind the car to see that no one was there. He smirked, turning back around.

"DUDE! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?" I yelled at Isaac, once the reality of it all came to me. "ARE YOU SLOW?! WE ALMOST DIE!" 

"We didn't. This has happened many times, really." He laughed. Without another word I got out of the car, slamming the door shut. Luckily, it was close to where I'd parked my car so I was able to walk there.

I drove away though lonely streets, making sure I was going at the right speed. I was so agitated, and I had so many thoughts in my head I couldn't think at all. My eyes started flooding with tears and before I could make sense of what I was doing, I found myself at Liv's house. I had to call her.

"Liv, can you open the door?" I shivered due to the cold temperature. She opened the door, confused. I sighed when I saw her. I couldn't help but wrap my arms around her and hold her tightly, sobbing in her arms.

"Baby, what happened?" She asked me, rubbing my back.

"I could've died." I breathed out.

"What?!" She pulled away.

"Can I- explain every- thing inside? It's freezing- out here." I shivered, trying to catch my breath from crying. She took us to her room, and sat us on the edge or her bed.

"What did you do?" She asked me, concerned.

I took a deep breath, before speaking. "Remember how Isaac told me to hang out with the group?" I asked her.

"Yeah?" She answered, paying close attention to what I was going to say.

"They convinced me to going on a spin with the car, just like when I was 14.  Isaac got in some road and I just- I thought I'd lost everything." I cried, hiding my face in my hands.

"What do you mean?" She asked, scooting closer to me.

"He- he was driving- on the wrong- side and we almost- crash into a car- because the wheel was locked-" I sobbed.

"Josh, what were you thinking?" Liv scoddled me, shocked.

"I wasn't!" I answered. "I'm sorry. I really thought- I was going to lose ev-erything... I- thought I was going to lo-se you." I revealed, my voice cracking.

"Oh, Josh, babe." She hugged me, her fingers threading through my curls. I hid my face on her shoulder, the memory of the incitents couldn't leave me alone. "You can't do something that stupid ever again." She slapped my back softly, but she meant it.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, while she soothed me. Today just wasn't my day at all. Her warm embrace slowly calmed me down. "Thank you for being here." I closed my eyes, trying to forget what had happened.

"I'll always be here. Even if we're not physically together." She pulled away. "It's okay. Don't cry anymore." She kissed every tear that fell down my cheeks. "Do you want to stay here?" She quietly asked me. I nodded. She gave me some of my clothes and we went to sleep. She held me in her arms the whole night. 

N/A
Hi guys!!!
I'm posting 2 more chapter after this because I feel like it 😝
Jk, I couldn't sleep last night so I wrote like, 4 chapters.
They'll come out in a few minutes!!