Chapter 23

-March 2019-

Joshua's POV:

I couldn't cry, I had makeup on and I couldn't let it mess up. I don't really understand why they have to put so much makeup on us. I took a few deep breaths and went out of my dressing room, I bumped into Matt.

"Oh, sorry Matt, I didn't-"

"You look sick. What happened to you?" He asked me.

"Sick?" I asked, pretending like the past 15 minutes of my life never happened.

"Yeah, you look kinda messed up, bro." He shrugged. "Are you okay?"

I took a deep breath and answered. "No. I'm really not." 

"Do you want to talk about it? I can get Liv, you guys always make each other better-" He said.

"No! Don't get Olivia." I paused him

"Olivia?" He questioned me. "What happened to 'Livvy'?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders, before he took me inside my dressing room. "Really Josh. What happened?" 

"Olivia and I got into an argument." I respond, looking straight at him. He was shocked, the most I've ever seen him since the time he was starstruck by East High.

"You're joking, right?" He scoffed.

"Olivia and I kissed." I added.

"Josh, You're kidding, right?!"

"Olivia and Ethan are back together." I mentioned.

"What?!" He asked astonished.

"Olivia and I-" He stopped me.

"What if you say the whole thing instead of a bunch of little details I won't be able to connect." He suggested.

"The day Sofia told me Olivia was crying in her trailer I kissed her cheek, nothing much. Then we spent everyday together after that, you guys saw how close we were. We caught feelings for each other...Then yesterday she stayed in my apartment so we could finish the song. I accidentally kissed her on the lips when we were about to go to sleep, and then she kissed me. In the morning we were doing a staring contest and she kept her eyes open for too long and they started to hurt so I carried her to the bathroom and we started splashing each other with water. I slipped and fell, making her fall on top of me. Then we kissed." I took a breath. Matt was speechless. "I don't really know what was going to happen after that, but then I bumped into her and Ethan, they were holding hands and laughing and he told me they were dating again." 

"Where does the argument go in all this?" He asked.

"Then we talked- or yelled here. I told her she used me to get over someone, then I told her Ethan was only going to hurt her again, but she got on defense about it and yelled at me. Then she left."

"Dude, I- Did you just make all of that up?" He asked.

"No. I'm serious."

"Wait- Ethan is here? Like, right now?" He asked me.

"Yes, I think. He was here." I answered.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I don't know, used? It's kinda my fault that I fell for my co-star." I shrugged. "I don't really care about me. I know Ethan is going to hurt her again." 

"I think we all know that, but she's too in love with him to realize that. We can't stop her from getting hurt. As much as we want to, we just- can't do that." He said, patting my back. "The only thing we can do is be there for her when Ethan leaves for good." He softly smiled at me. "She's going to make that mistake, but she'll learn from it." He said. I nodded my head. He was right. When you're a teenager you don't really think about consequences, or possibilities, you just make impulsive decisions.